• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/FL Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Over on airlineforums.com there is a poster AKA PineyBOB, this dude has posted 15,000 posts and changed his name several years ago to SparrowHawk. Some one who post that many post can not possibly have any kind of life. He either lives in front of a computer or has a laptop on his lap all the time. Perhaps General Lee and Pineybob are one in the same.

Over on airlineforums.com there is a poster AKA PineyBOB, this dude has posted 15,000 posts and changed his name several years ago to SparrowHawk. Some one who post that many post can not possibly have any kind of life. He either lives in front of a computer or has a laptop on his lap all the time. Perhaps General Lee and Pineybob are one in the same.

Yeah, that's the ticket! Anyway, not that you are worth it, but here goes, I have been a member here for 13 or 14 years. I do have lots of posts for sure, but I usually answer everyone who responds to me, plus I throw my opinion in whenever I feel it necessary, on different forums, like Majors, Regionals, LCCs, and Cargo. I am interested in different parts of this industry. When guys like you and Redflyer make it so easy for me to respond, my post count continues to climb even higher. Some people can post a lot, but have zero posts that are worth reading. You are starting to resemble that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Swapa stood up for Swapa.

ALPA stood up for AT.

All will be together soon enough.

That's great, and expected. But, what is the deal with separate pay rates for the same plane type (737) until 2015? Why did SWAPA allow that? Was it punishment for trying to get a fair deal in arbitration, like every other airline got in their mergers? How about now? What do you do now to create the "feeling" of unity instead of them feeling "punished?"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow Red, still going after number of posts instead of the contents... You are actually 0 for 10.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genital,

Read his first line one more time. Here it is to make it easy for you to comprehend...

I really never gave a crap about the Delta/NWA merger and still don't. It would be very strange of me to care about something so remotely removed from me.

Thanks Hugo Chavez! You're awesome! Dalpa stands up for Dalpa members, and then they vote. Your union has continued to forget about it's new members. Same pay for same equipment (737) is just basic. Why wait until 2015? Ridiculous. That is called a JOINT contract? This slow gradual migration over to the Corndog side is also ridiculous. You know that. You don't get paid SWA wages until you go to school? Huh?

Bye Bye---General Lee

None of this rant is based in logic. There is no "joint contract." SWAPA represents its members. No one is a SWAPA member until they have a SWA ID. The rate at which that occurs is not up to SWAPA.

I'm sure you didn't worry so much about your Airtran brothers before SW purchased them.

Thanks Hugo Chavez! You're awesome! Dalpa stands up for Dalpa members, and then they vote. Your union has continued to forget about it's new members. Same pay for same equipment (737) is just basic.

Wrong. Our union treats all its members the same. You seem to be missing the important point that the pilots getting different pay for the 737 are NOT actually in SWAPA. They're in ALPA, and working for a different company, under different rules, protected by a different union.

Why wait until 2015? Ridiculous. That is called a JOINT contract?

Wrong again. Not now, nor ever a joint contract. There's the SWAPA contract covering Southwest pilots, and the ALPA contract covering Airtran pilots. As they transistion from one company to the other, they simultaneously transition to the other contract and associated payrates.

This slow gradual migration over to the Corndog side is also ridiculous. You know that. You don't get paid SWA wages until you go to school? Huh?

Here, I agree with you partly. It's taking a slow route, but unfortunately, that's up to the company--as long as they comply with the agreement and are done by Dec 2014. Nobody thought they'd putz along and do them all at the end, but that's what they seem to be doing. I suppose it has more to do with our crappy IT dept, and its inability to get a reservation system for international flying any sooner. If we had that done, I'd bet you see Airtran pilots transistioning faster.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know, you actually made a point against your own argument here, General. D-ALPA stands up for D-ALPA members, just as SWAPA stands up solely for its members. When former Airtran pilots fly 737s for Southwest, and are actually in SWAPA, they WILL get the same pay. Until then, they're flying for a different company, under a different system, and represented by a different union. Hell General, Delta's ALPA is more closely related to Airtran's ALPA than SWAPA is; why didn't YOU guys fight for them to get more money?

And as to why they can't get paid SWAPA rates while flying for Airtran, I believe I explained in in the last post--you just chose to ignore it. Airtran has a different model, with a different system, and with different manning efficiencies. The company has already said that they can't afford to pay SWAPA rates for that kind of flying. Why would you think that: a) it's SWAPA's responsibility to get ALPA members more money; and b) that Southwest management would give a crap what SWAPA thinks about ALPA wages.

Remember, stand-alone Airtran couldn't afford to pay their pilots SWAPA wages; they had a contentious battle just to get what they get now (and that was including the bag fee revenue you like to crow about). Why would you then think that Southwest could afford to pay them SWAPA wages for the Airtran type of flying with the Airtran manning efficiencies? By the way, how about you actually addressing this question, instead of just repeating the same crap over and over again. Do you not see that what you're bitching about doesn't make any sense? The company's stated position was that when they do our kind of flying, they'll get our kind of wages.

Bubba

Yeah, that's the ticket! Anyway, not that you are worth it, but here goes, I have been a member here for 13 or 14 years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah well I'm going to have to call you out in this one, you have NOT been on this forum for 13 or 14 years. How do I know? Because I have been here that long. In the Fall of 2001 this forum underwent a change and everyones join date was reset to 11-25-2001 if you were a member prior to that. On this thread the only ones who were here prior to that were myself and Citrusflyer, anyone can correct me if I am wrong. It's very easy to see the forum "seniority list", just go to this link:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=asc&sort=joindate

As for Gackass Lee it's:

Total Posts

So back off JUNIOR.

None of this rant is based in logic. There is no "joint contract." SWAPA represents its members. No one is a SWAPA member until they have a SWA ID. The rate at which that occurs is not up to SWAPA.

I'm sure you didn't worry so much about your Airtran brothers before SW purchased them.

And SWAPA is OK with that? That is what is wrong here. Why have two seperate groups? Why pay people less when they will be sharing the cockpit with you eventually? Don't you think they will remember that? SWAPA must have zero pull with JK. And management brings AT guys over at a rate of their choosing? Who negotiated this again? Horrible. Admit it, please.

Btw, I certainly never stated anything duragatory about the FNWA pilot group as a whole while we were doing the merge. I really can't say I've seen the same, at least on this board, between your groups. You need to work on that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back