• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/FL Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, no they're not. It is a train wreck of their own making.
I don't think they were prepared for the jump into the 20th Century (much less the 21st) that the purchase was going to require. It's been a game of "catch-up" ever since, that much is clear.

Requiring a 737 pilot to go through two months of training to learn how to fly the 737 is expensive and just plain silly.
True statement.

Delta/NWA was a "quick" merger. It was done how it should be done.
True again.

Could this technology update help in moving the merger along.
No.

GK and company LIKE our airline. I've started calling it "Southwest Caribbean Express, operated by Southwest Airlines". They LIKE our lower costs and higher ancillary fee structure, and have NO interest in ending it early.

I really never gave a crap about the Delta/NWA merger and still don't. It would be very strange of me to care about something so remotely removed from me.

Don't feed the biggest troll in forum history guys. You are dealing with a narcissist at psychotic levels. Seriously. 16,509 posts is way off the chart of being normal.

I really never gave a crap about the Delta/NWA merger and still don't. It would be very strange of me to care about something so remotely removed from me.

Don't feed the biggest troll in forum history guys. You are dealing with a narcissist at psychotic levels. Seriously. 16,509 posts is way off the chart of being normal.

+ 17,000 and his prison husbands.

You really don't know much about unions, do you? It was Airtran ALPA's job to fight for Airtran pilots, and SWAPA's job to fight for Southwest pilots. I'd bet even PCL and Lear will agree with that. During your merger, at any point did Delta's MEC tell management, "no, you're not giving enough to the other guys; we want you to increase it."? Did they, General? No, of course they didn't. Does that mean that Delta's union failed by not "sticking up" for the Northwest side? That's not how negotiations work.

By the way, it didn't get to arbitration because of management's desire. SWAPA was preparing for such an outcome. And as far as money goes, after the first offer was turned down by Airtran/ALPA's MEC, the company immediately rescinded it, saying that it never should have been offered in the first place, due to its cost. The way Airtran did business (hub & spoke, their pilot efficiency, etc) made it untenable to pay them SWAPA wages in management's eyes. Hell, if stand-alone Airtran couldn't afford to pay its pilots SWAPA wages, why do you think that Southwest management could afford to pay the same SWAPA wages into the same Airtran system? As the pilots transistion to Southwest, with our system and its efficiencies, then they'll get paid SWAPA wages.

As far as ill will goes, there's some of that in every single merger/acquisition in the history of the airlines. Including your beloved Delta. I've heard former NWA guys bitch, as well as United & Continental guys. There's absolutely no way to make everyone one involved in a merger happy. However, comparing any other merger to USAir/AWA is a gross distortion calculated as part of your constant and predictable mud-slinging.

Like I said, it appears you don't know much about how unions operate. It's pretty obvious, however, that you don't know diddly dick about this situation in particular.

Bubba

Hi Bubba. You don't seem to understand something BASIC. It is BASIC for SWAPA to fight for everyone, even AFTER the deal is done. First of all, the deal was bad for the AT guys, the second one. Even if arbitration was out of the question, same pay for same planes shouldn't have been. The AT guys were going to get displaced, but why continue to pay them less on the 737? They have to "wait" until they get trained? That is ridiculous, and you know it! AT's bag fees alone could fund many things, including equal pay, but instead they are getting punished for fighting for fairness, something everyone else has a chance at. But noooooooooo. And what does SC say or SWAPA do in defense of their NEW brothers and sisters? Zilch. You know I am correct.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's right, a lot of you don't care because your heads are stuffed so far up your own rears. The industry as a whole cares, and we all watch what happens and learn from each other, to better future negotiations. Maybe you don't care about the successes, but USAir's fiasco and now yours show a lot of people how not to handle the situation. Let's hope UAL and AA can get it together and keep it is civil as possible. It's never perfect, but bad examples are easy to spot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow Dash.

That's hitting a 11 on a 10 scale.

I agree 100%.

Woohoo...."the industry is upset"!! Big flippin deal. DALPA has such an amazing track record of standing up for its brothers.....rrriiiggghhhttt! Each union does its own biz. Point one is standing up for the pilots on its own list. Everything else is secondary.

Woohoo...."the industry is upset"!! Big flippin deal. DALPA has such an amazing track record of standing up for its brothers.....rrriiiggghhhttt! Each union does its own biz. Point one is standing up for the pilots on its own list. Everything else is secondary.

Thanks Hugo Chavez! You're awesome! Dalpa stands up for Dalpa members, and then they vote. Your union has continued to forget about it's new members. Same pay for same equipment (737) is just basic. Why wait until 2015? Ridiculous. That is called a JOINT contract? This slow gradual migration over to the Corndog side is also ridiculous. You know that. You don't get paid SWA wages until you go to school? Huh?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Wow Dash.

That's hitting a 11 on a 10 scale.

I agree 100%.

Wow Red, still going after number of posts instead of the contents... You are actually 0 for 10.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back