• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/FL Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try to hold out until 2014, some 717 hiring may be happening at that time....

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, at the rate they're screwing this merger up, I could probably wait until 2025, and they still wouldn't have transitioned everyone. ;)

PCL,

You'll be ditching the wings and gold epaulets soon enough and we will all be in this together, like it or not...

Ummmm, you don't seem to understand arbitration. A guy, or a group of them, listen to each side (union people) talk about what each side is bringing to the table, etc. Then, they decide, without any outside influence. They are getting paid a fee, they don't have bias, they are called NEUTRALS. Then, they give the award, and an explanation. If people are upset, they are upset at the arbitrators, not their own people or management. If you think SWA had "all the goods" for this merger, the arbitrators would probably see it that way also, and would have awarded accordingly. It's just that easy, and your people decided against it. That was bad.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm quite certain he knows how arbitration works, but I'm sure he appreciates the unsolicted lesson. What you don't understand is that another main goal of the arbitrator is to ensure his or her future employment.

I'm quite certain he knows how arbitration works, but I'm sure he appreciates the unsolicted lesson. What you don't understand is that another main goal of the arbitrator is to ensure his or her future employment.

Wait, both airlines get to choose the arbitrator. There are many out there, and both sides try to find some that are acceptable to both parties. Even the USAir East guys approved of Nicelau. If you are "the hammer", you then lose popularity. Remember, after the award there is always a multi page explanation. There are usually good reasons why they award the way they do. It's not just a "here it is, enjoy it...."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back