SWA/FL Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely no point. It is what it is.

Neither side apparently wanted SWA to purchase AT. And both sides approved the SLI by 83%.

Just time to move on and accept the things you can control as well as things you can not.

Spot on.

Curiously only an outsider seems to be the angriest one of all.

whew, glad thats over till we do it again in another three weeks.

It sounds like "La Genitalia's" STD's, it raises it's ugly head every few weeks and then goes away, only for her to continue to spread that crap!

Stay away from "La Genitalia", she and her stuff are Bad News!!!

Later,
KBB

TYou still think 83% of the votes from the AT pilots were with smiles on their faces? IDIOT.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Smiles or not, they still voted for it. As for the 717 CA fiasco, if what is being said is true, then that is just plain f@#ked up. I have no dog in this fight as I don't work for either company, but I'm still interested in all mergers as it may affect future mergers. I just wish the best of luck to both sides!!

Incorrect. We protected our 717 Captain seats, and Southwest management REFUSED to give us pay parity. We certainly didn't "give away" pay parity, unless you're referring to voting down the first Agreement...?

Au contraire, mon frer. Refer back to a post by one of your other coworkers who correctly stated that by the end of their careers, every one of your pilots will have either the same retirement position or HIGHER than they would have from a relative bidding position of a stand-alone Southwest.

Not to mention, ALL of your F/O's will upgrade within the same time, OR SOONER, than they were scheduled to with known deliveries AND Classic retirements pre-merger.

The harm isn't permanent. Not by a long shot.

Do some of your F/O's lose now? Yes, but their OSW coworkers are upgrading sooner into OUR Captain seats. So basically, your senior F/O's are profiting at the expense of your junior F/O's getting bumped from their base and our CA's getting bumped from their seat.

Within a few years, those F/O's will get their base back, and will actually upgrade sooner due to the 737's we're bringing with all our stapled F/O's. It's just simple math.

The only OSW who can claim "permanent" harm do so with the theoretical departure of the Classics without replacement aircraft, which we DON'T KNOW at this point and which would require MASSIVE shrinkage of the airline, something SWA management has said they're not interested in, so it's a bit of a stretch to go there.

No SW pilot is PERMANENTLY harmed.

You're right, what was I thinking? This acquisition is a GREAT deal for EVERY SW guy! Thanks!

That's because you're not the one who's getting your Quality of Life hammered when you "cross the partition" (when there shouldn't be a "partition", it should have been one group on FAA SOC like nearly every other airline merger out there). You simply aren't looking at it from our perspective, and the truth is that very little changes for you with this deal because your management team went to bat for you.

Wow. A WHOLE 15%? A whole WHOPPING 15%? That's just crazy talk right there... ;)

Hey, math doesn't lie. I was bidding in the top 200 F/O's of a nearly 900 pool of F/O's (approx). That's roughly the top 20%.

Now I'm in the BOTTOM 20% of F/O's, NEARLY THE BOTTOM 10% bidding at 88%, courtesy of losing 2.5 years of seniority when SWA was hiring 800+ a year. That's nearly a 70% relative loss of bidding power, no matter HOW you slice it, which is why I've been bypassing on our training bids to come over there. Too big of a seniority hit, especially until all the guys junior to me HERE come over there and plug the reserve holes in the West Coast bases. 7 people have come out of MCO from the right seat of the 737, leaving me bidding #1 and I like it.

Twist it any way you want, but your own pilots on here have admitted that being that low on the totem pole, I'm going to be sitting reserve somewhere and I won't be able to manipulate my schedule like you guys talk about until I'm well above the 50% mark, which doesn't happen in the F/O ranks until I'm about 48, and NEVER happens when I upgrade at close to age 55, barring some pretty serious double-digit growth somewhere between now and then. I'm going to retire working weekends and holidays flying 6 legs a day through East Texas. Awesome.

You can be "tired of hearing it" all you want, but the truth doesn't die just because you don't like it. I'm stuck with it, but I haven't brought it up on here lately unless other people (like you) make some comment like the above or say something else erroneous about the integration like one of our own, Old Man Pilot back on page 5. I didn't say squat about it until then.

I will quit mentioning it as long as people simply shut up about it. Again, sorry you don't like hearing the truth that WE ARE GOING TO BE LIVING. The numbers are what the numbers are. Period. The end.

You say the math does not lie, but that is a lie. By your math, no SWA pilot was/is harmed. Anyone can use stats and numbers to say what they want. So, did this deal suck for you....yep....did this deal suck for many of our F/O's....yep. I bet many of them could crank out a few numbers to prove their point. Bottom line, most are not happy.

Oh, when was SWA hiring 800+ a year? I must have missed that.

You say the math does not lie, but that is a lie. By your math, no SWA pilot was/is harmed. Anyone can use stats and numbers to say what they want. So, did this deal suck for you....yep....did this deal suck for many of our F/O's....yep. I bet many of them could crank out a few numbers to prove their point. Bottom line, most are not happy.

Oh, when was SWA hiring 800+ a year? I must have missed that.
The 800 was an exaggeration. It actually comes out to about a 1,600 number loss from date of hire - 2.5 years. Don't feel bad, you're not alone in not understanding that. When I pull the list out and show SWA guys where I was and where I ended up, they're shocked.

If you can prove me wrong with the actual math, knock yourself out. You know who I am. Find me on the AAI MSL on date of announcement then find me on the combined list.

Pretty clear how much I lost, and I'm not in the minority of AAI pilots. The only ones not harmed were the ones who would have been stapled by DoH anyway.

And no, no Southwest pilot was permanently harmed. Short term base hopping pain and diluted lines from the integration? Sure. Permanent harm? Nope. It's frustrating that you guys can't look around at every other recent merger and realize that, compared to arbitration results of recent years, your pilots made out like bandits. The only thing more you could have accomplished was stapling EVERYONE, and not just 1/3 of us.

Last edited:
It's frustrating that you guys can't look around at every other recent merger and realize that, compared to arbitration results of recent years, your pilots made out like bandits.

You have no idea how disappointing that statement is to every SWA pilot who reads that on this board.

We all wish SWA would not have bought your company. Every single one of us.

You have no idea how disappointing that statement is to every SWA pilot who reads that on this board.

We all wish SWA would not have bought your company. Every single one of us.

I guess that about sums it up for where both sides are now.

At the expense of sounding repetitive, it is what it is. Nothing to do but simply make the best of it.

Latest resources

Back