SWA Feb Decision Board...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Launchpad said:
There is talk of the decision board the the 16th, my contact in PHX said the CP's office said that it may get moved back a week. Nothing official, just fyi-

Great, just what we need - more stress. I've had only one of my references called - 2 days after my interview. Is that good? For the love of God - please tell me! Anyone? Bueller?

Yes, I am still anxiously awaiting the Feb DB.

Okay, here's a question for anyone who can provide insight: after your references are called what, besides a less-than-stellar reference, typically knocks someone out of the running? What are the reasons an individual passes the interview but then fails to make it past the DB?

Also, does having references called mean you passed the LOI as well as the interview?

Thanks in advance!!

Pseuodopod said:

Okay, here's a question for anyone who can provide insight:
Nobody outside of the process can provide insight and those in on it won't provide insight.

It is my opinion, not INSIGHT by any stretch of the imagination, that getting your refs called means that you passed both LOI and People Dept interviews.

SWA's system is a mystery, but I like to look at it this way..... If I get an interview and they hire me, I won the lottery. If I interview and they don't hire me, I didn't win the lottery so I'll continue to live my life without regret.

We all know too many good people who have failed the SWA TMAAT interview process. So feel lucky if you pass and don't take it personally if you don't.

That's the only way to survive the wait people. Good Luck to ALL

:)

I wonder if SWA sends out letters right away if the interview doesnt go well or if they wait for the db to send them out...?

Was told by a CP that the Feb DB will be on the 14th (how’s that for Love).

Nothing earth shattering out of EPT this week.

It looks like the reason for one class in Jan. and one in Feb. is because of the Training Center construction. The new part is about 99% done, and they are using the new rooms for temp class rooms while they remodel the old ones. Everything should be done by the end of Feb., then back to the normal hiring schedule.

We should be hiring close to 500 this year.

The new 700 sim is in but I didn’t get word on when it will be certified.

All in all the news was good, and things continue to look positive.

Good Luck to All.

Pseuodopod said:

Okay, here's a question for anyone who can provide insight: after your references are called what, besides a less-than-stellar reference, typically knocks someone out of the running? What are the reasons an individual passes the interview but then fails to make it past the DB?

Also, does having references called mean you passed the LOI as well as the interview?

Thanks in advance!!

What I have seen in the past is something comes up in the background check that knocks people out of the running. The important thing to remember is to be honest on your application. Do not try to hide anything because they will find it.

This next part is just my opinion and not based on any facts. If SWA, or any other airline for that matter, has only a few slots to fill, then how your interview went, how your references portrayed you, and the results of your background check can probably be a deciding factor once the DB comes around. While you are not competing against each other during the interview process, I do believe you are in the DB. I believe it comes down to a matter of numbers at that point. This is just my opinion based upon logic! :)

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Letter Info

airmasn said:
I wonder if SWA sends out letters right away if the interview doesnt go well or if they wait for the db to send them out...?

Everyone who interviewed goes before the DB.

My DB was on Wednesday 11 Jan, my letter was dated 12 Jan and showed up to the house on the 24th.

The calls went out on Monday the 16th and ended Thursday the 19th.

For me, the wait was much worse than the letter. It sure would have been great to be picked up this round, but as long as nothing significant changes, I’ll be able to refresh my application in November.

Depending on your current job, this could be the greatest test of your ability to handle stress. Do yourself a favor, research and find a stress management program to fit your personality, now. Hit a bucket of balls, set the Stairmaster on Olympian, increase your mediation routine or shout at the ocean and wait for a rebuttal. Your family and friends will thank you, regardless of the DB outcome. Remember, in the end, you were called for an interview, which indicates you have good health, a marketable profession and numbers good enough for many companies that are hiring right now. Remain focused on the positive aspects of your life!

One more thing. Taking this stress to work is a really, really bad idea, unless you can leave it on the ramp before preflight. The parking lot is an even better place to dump it. With any luck, you’ll receive a call from a CP within days of your DB. If not, keep your chin up and know that you are in good company. I know of lots of fantastic folks who took several attempts to “get the real me” across to the Dallas team before they were hired.

Best of luck to all!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back