• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Feb Decision Board...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted that the Feb DB was the 14th, actually it is on the 16th. Sorry for the wrong info.

nosartoofar said:
Everyone who interviewed goes before the DB.

Dino: I think that is normally true. However, according to folks who have posted on this board in the past, there have been times when an applicant's background checks or reference calls weren't complete before the next DB and they were pushed back to the next DB.

I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure this happened to me, because I interviewed in Jan and didn't go before a board until Mar. I can't remember exactly why I was delayed, but I'm pretty sure I missed a DB and thus had to wait about 2 months to hear from the DB.

Hope you guys are doing ok up there in Kodiak. Say hey to MT for me.

FJ

Falconjet said:
nosartoofar said:
However, according to folks who have posted on this board in the past, there have been times when an applicant's background checks or reference calls weren't complete before the next DB and they were pushed back to the next DB.

FJ,

Poor choice of words on my part.

Everyone who interviewed will go before a DB, sometime in the near future. It is possible to miss out on the following month for lots of reasons, so the lack of a phone call or letter is not the end game. Keep your hopes up and a smile on your face!

If you're in the area, keep an eye out for the ash cloud.

Fly safe!

Anyone know how many days they interviewed for the Feb decision board? Also how many people are in each class at SWA or does it vary? Thanks

Interviewed Jan. 20, no references checked yet...ouch

looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

From what has been posted in the past not having your refs called is not a good thing. 12 interviewed in my interview class. 9 did not have refs called and none of them were given the go ahead call. Out of the 3 who had their refs called 2 were hired. Hope this helps and good luck to all.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
From what has been posted in the past not having your refs called is not a good thing. 12 interviewed in my interview class. 9 did not have refs called and none of them were given the go ahead call. Out of the 3 who had their refs called 2 were hired. Hope this helps and good luck to all.

Bobby,
When did you interview? Was the hire rate for your interview date pretty consistent with the overall hire rate for the decision board? 2 out of 12? Ooouch...
Gremlin

I interviewed in mid september. my buddy who is a HOU fo talked to his chief about recent interviews. an unusual low amount of pilots were hired from the september group. is it typical?? no one really knows for sure. i hate to be so vague and wish i could give you more info but that's all i've got. best of luck to you.

Latest resources

Back