• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Feb Decision Board...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
only in 4 to 6 weeks...I interviewed the 20th and am still waiting to see (if) when they start calling references

good luck

Anyone know the skinny on what it means to get your references called? No threads newer than about six months on the subject. PLEASE, someone shed some light on the subject!!!!!! There are a lot of anxious folks out there that have and have not had their refs called. CURIOUS!
THNX
Fr8dognit

Having your references called is a part of the background check that is conducted on new hires. If you have them called it is a really good sign. It means that the interview went well and you will be moved to the next step (decision board). If the interview did not go well, they hold off on the background check. Is it possible for the references to be checked and still not get past the DB...yes. Is it possible to not have refernces checked and still get hired...yes but very unlikely and definitely the exception.

FR8dognit said:
Anyone know the skinny on what it means to get your references called? No threads newer than about six months on the subject. PLEASE, someone shed some light on the subject!!!!!! There are a lot of anxious folks out there that have and have not had their refs called. CURIOUS!
THNX
Fr8dognit

it means you did well enough in the interview that your still in the running for the job. if they don't call the refs it 99.9999% of the time means that the for whatever reason your interview didn't go well enough to continue to persue more information on you. having refs called is a good sign, but still doesn't guarentee a job.

Okay, having references called is a good sign. However, does it mean anything if they call only a couple of your references? For example, I listed five supervisors on the "Current Contacts" sheet and I had a bunch of letters of recommendation along with several online rec's. However, they only called two of my supervisors and no one else. Does that mean anything? I'm on pins and needles here trying to figure out what means what.

Also, is the Feb 16 date for the Decision Board confirmed?

I only had two refs called and got the job. I turned in about 7 letters plus 5 or 6 on line recs (thought this might be overkill but oh well). They called the two references from my reserve squadron and no others. One was my CO (SWA FO), and the other another SWA FO who I've flown some missions with. I think it could be a good sign for you depending on what they said. Both of mine called me and told me that they gave really good recs. I think maybe that was enough for the hiring folks. Maybe when they get the warm fuzzy they put the check in the block and move on. Conversely, if they hear something that makes them go hmmm, maybe they dig a little more to see what else there is. Just my suspicions. May be wrong. Good luck! :)

elcid,

Thanks for the encouragement. It sounds like my story is similar to yours. Both of my references who were called gave me a call immediately following their talk with the SWA folks. Both were extremely positive with the SWA checker. I'm confident nothing bad or even lukewarm was said; nothing but good vibrations...lol. Hopefully, my SWA hiring story will end up like yours as well!

Latest resources

Back