Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Fella's

Guys,
I cringe at all these letters going out, and when I try to put myself emotionally in your places, I get a pit in my stomach. For what it's worth, with the utmost respect but in frustration, I gave a 21 year guy on the jump seat, with 5 years of interview/hiring experience, a little grief the other day due the large number of extremely qualified people I perceive getting turned down. I was somewhat comforted by his genuine regret, and was informed that this was similar to the past cycles during periods of furlough. It doesn't help, but I was led to believe that during these times with monsterous stacks of resumes and immense numbers of qualified interviewees with great personalities and tons of LOR's, the DB was essentially down to "throwing darts at a dartboard...but not really?" We've had about 50% luck from my Airwing post 9/11, so I guess that's avg to above. Still, when I put faces to names of those not selected, it sorta feels personal. Again, best of luck if you try again, or in whatever endevour you all persue.
Chris

mach92 and bigmeat,
Sorry to hear the bad news. I am not looking forward to monday's mail. I am in Wisconsin and just wondering if it's a matter of time. I havent heard of any calls going out.

Got the letter here, too. I'm not real pleased; I really thought I did well. Guess there's next year... Argh.

Yikes! Did we hire anyone? Sorry guys I'll ask around and see if something has changed. I hope we still hire decent average joes, because the really sharp ones are going to drive me crazy on a four day.

Last edited:
chris69 said:
For what it's worth, with the utmost respect but in frustration, I gave a 21 year guy on the jump seat, with 5 years of interview/hiring experience, a little grief the other day due the large number of extremely qualified people I perceive getting turned down. I was somewhat comforted by his genuine regret, and was informed that this was similar to the past cycles during periods of furlough. It doesn't help, but I was led to believe that during these times with monsterous stacks of resumes and immense numbers of qualified interviewees with great personalities and tons of LOR's, the DB was essentially down to "throwing darts at a dartboard...but not really?"
Chris

Nice post Chris, thanks.

Looks like I either need to join your airwing, or just delete my app from the online database. I think that I'd rather wait a year until the apps dry up in order to better my odds. Why press for the interview now, and get it, only to be competing with every swinging richard in the world.

If SWA managed to find the "right" people in times past, when the "best of the best" wouldn't give SWA a second look, you'd think that they could find two or three people who fit their profile without having to go through a couple of hundred. In other words, SWA, go back the old way and stop wasting your time, your money, and us wannabe's money. The only people who profit from the current system are the type rating schools.

In all seriousness, if you've been happy with the talent you atracted in 1995, why have you all of the sudden gotten much more picky. If I were a SWA guy with more than a couple years seniority, I might take your present selection process as a slap in the face. After all, I (continuing with the above scenario) think that I have been an asset, but maybe not. Maybe your not really happy with us "old" guys.

If it weren't broke, why'd you fix it?

:)

One of my more senior SWA rec's called his CP to try and find out what happened. CP told him I was recommended by the PD and the LOI went well no other negatives. Deciding factor was only so many slots and they racked and stacked based on hours. Obviously my 1500 Jet PIC didn't hold up. Just thought I would pass the info along...

1stCivDiv said:
One of my more senior SWA rec's called his CP to try and find out what happened. CP told him I was recommended by the PD and the LOI went well no other negatives. Deciding factor was only so many slots and they racked and stacked based on hours. Obviously my 1500 Jet PIC didn't hold up. Just thought I would pass the info along...

Glad to hear SWA is hiring the most qualified pilots. Nothing like some snot nosed low timer who thinks he is owed the world just because he is military. Maybe you should go build some more time before you want to try and roll with us Big Boys.

Here we go again..

Lequip said:
Glad to hear SWA is hiring the most qualified pilots. Nothing like some snot nosed low timer who thinks he is owed the world just because he is military. Maybe you should go build some more time before you want to try and roll with us Big Boys.

Judging by your previous posts, your Personal Dept. let a turd slip in when they hired you and I'm sure your co-workers feel the same way. Seriously, get a life bro...It's easy hiding behind your computer and throw out childish and ridiculas comments and adding absolutely nothing to the thread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back