• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of the 11 guys (myself included) that interviewed on my date in July, so far 8 got the letter (myself included) and 1 yes. Havent heard from 2 of them.

I heard the last DB was close to 20%. Also heard a couple LOI givers chatting in the lounge about it, saying that LOI performance was hurting alot of folks. Just overheard, not fact.

ClarkW said:
Out of the 11 guys (myself included) that interviewed on my date in July, so far 8 got the letter (myself included) and 1 yes. Havent heard from 2 of them.

I've been trying to stay out of these strings, but I just can't stand it. :)

I have to ask, (probably a repeat question, I tend to repeat myself in my old age); If SWA is rejecting this many people, in a time when they are only calling in the "best" of their applicants and when those applicants are truly the best most qualified pilots available to any carrier in decades, then why are they rejecting such a large percentage? What are they going to do when other carriers, with more desirable routes/aircraft/etc, begin to hire in large numbers?

I wonder if they are planning to continue the "try again next year" plan and hope that some of the recent rejectees will indeed "try again next year"? Purely from a logical standpoint, I'd think that a borderline rejectee from this year is most likely better qualifed than a lot of 1999ish newhires. If I were SWA, I'd be trying to set up some kind of "you almost made it, here's an interview date for next year, please be there" program.

enigma, wondering if my lack of an interview might be a blessing in disguise.

In my career there have been 3 times in my life where I interviewed with a company twice: The first one turned me down both times. The second hired me the second time. The third one turned me down twice.

Now looking back on it, I wish the second company had turned me down.

What I have gained from these experiences is that there is a reason a person is turned down. Its probably not because they were not qualified. It's because the interviewer sees something in that person that indicates "He will not fit in here, (for whatever reason) therefore he will not be happy. He will be a source of aggravation for everyone (his co-workers, his supervisor, and me. We (including the applicant) will all be better off if he does not work here". That's why people get turned
down.

Take it as a blessing in disguise and pursue other opportunities.

Latest resources

Back