• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear that to those who got the letter....don't give up, the right thing will come along and hey you could always apply next year.

Live in Oklahoma at the moment. I have applied to several corp positions but unfortunatly I have no contacts, which we all know is important. Trying to keep my options open...

The Grim Mailman

1stCiv

I'm sorry to hear about the bad mail. My mail was being held a few weeks while I completed a move. I can see the mailbox, but I'm hesitant to waddle out there.

For those interested...

I met 1stCiv at the interviews that fateful day last month and know firsthand how high quality those PIC hours are he's got, and what a sharp guy he is. It's a shame he didn't get picked up, but good things will turn up for him, I'm sure.

I've heard that if your refs get called but you don't get offered a position, it may mean that your LOI didn't go so well, or maybe somebody in the company had something bad to say about you. [Can anyone verify?] It alarms me, becuase none of my references have been called, and 1stCiv and I made the same decision on our LOI.

At least I can look forward to going back to SW Oklahoma for a few months...

Cheers
B

There are lots of places hiring and since your in the military you have connections to Fedex and UPS. Also Omni is hiring and there in Oklahoma.

I feel for the guys who didn't get selected. I know the pain. Same boat of having refs called, but then a letter. Try not to beat yourself up too much. Don't give up on aviation just yet. There are numerous quality companies hiring right now. Get up, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse.

Beaker said:
I met 1stCiv at the interviews that fateful day last month and know firsthand how high quality those PIC hours are he's got, and what a sharp guy he is. It's a shame he didn't get picked up, but good things will turn up for him, I'm sure.

I agree and if aviation is where his heart is he should rethink the regionals, some 121 experience will improve his resume. If he suplements that income with some guard/eserve income he should be fine. It is a tough road, but he isn't the first to trudge down it.

I've heard that if your refs get called but you don't get offered a position, it may mean that your LOI didn't go so well, or maybe somebody in the company had something bad to say about you. [Can anyone verify?] It alarms me, becuase none of my references have been called, and 1stCiv and I made the same decision on our LOI.

FWIW I don't think LOI is so much anbout the decisions you make but more how you reach them (I am just a line swine PHX FO so I could be wrong).

No one can say with any certainty what the significance of referances being called, but it is a posative sign. I've helped a few folks get hired here and I've helped a few who did't get hired. They've called me for *most* of the folks who have gotten hired. There was one exception. They've never called me for the folks who didn't get hired.

Cross your fingers and always have a plan b.

Good luck guys.

Latest resources

Back