• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA DB today..Let us know if you get it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow that was fast. Sorry to hear that. Lets hope the rest have better luck. I am curious how many went to the board and what the percentages are that usually get it. I hope to hear one way or the other by mid-next week. The suppense is killing me. Everyone waiting, keep your heads high and hands on the phone. Good luck.

HalinTexas said:
Got my rejection letter today. Not too surprised.

Guess third time ain't the charm. Good luck to all.

HalinTexas, sorry to hear this bud.

May I ask about the "third time" interview? Was there any mention, at any time, by anyone in the process, of your status as a third time around'er? I'm curious about how they are treating those who have previous failures.

Again, sorry.

enigmainTexas, wannabe third timer.

For what it is worth, I remember well sitting by the phone waiting for news. When Friday came and went, I was convinced that a call wouldn't come until at least Monday.
Saturday night about 8:45 PM I got the phone call from the then PHX Chief Pilot.
I was so sure that it was some buddies yanking my chain that I gave the guy grief for several minutes until he actually convinced me that it was really him. He says that has happened to him several times.
He would take the list home with him and make the calls from home in the evenings. That was many years ago, I don't know if they still do it that way. He offered me a class date that would be less than two weeks notice and apologized for that. (week from following Thursday) He did say I would be welcome to take a later class if I needed to, but my employer was prepared for me leaving and didn't have heartache with the short notice. It was during the time that the first gulf war was ended so there was a lot of uncertainty on availability of military guys.

Last edited:
I Got The Call...

Uh, for an interview...:D

Just thought I would bump this thread. You guys can get me back in Oct when I'll be in the same boat you're in right now. I'll be chewing my cigarettes and smoking my fingernails!

Good luck to all the guys waiting for the phone to ring.

Halin, dude, I'm sorry to hear your news.

Well, my mailbox didn't have anything in it; that's a good sign. Barring a weekend phone call, I guess I'm just gonna have to wait until next week. Arrggh!

(Just made a margarita. I'll feel better shortly. :D )

Yup, no bad mail for me either. Prehaps its the garlic I hang on my mailbox (not for vampires, my mail lady is irish) I am suprised nobody has gotten a call yet.

Bad mail received today...Sux Had all my refs called, 1500 Jet PIC etc. Good luck to you all hope the mailman stays away. Seriously thinking about another career, as regionals are not an option supporting a family on 21 bucks an hour. Hope you all have better luck!

Latest resources

Back