Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knock it off

Lequip said:
Glad to hear SWA is hiring the most qualified pilots. Nothing like some snot nosed low timer who thinks he is owed the world just because he is military. Maybe you should go build some more time before you want to try and roll with us Big Boys.

Knock it off, this kind of spew doesn't belong on this thread.

Lequip, ease up there man. Do you even work for SWA??? It doesn't appear so. Give the guys a break. They are suffering from a major dissapointment, and you are not helping. If they were called in to interview, they were qualified. The fact is good people get turned down by SWA.

Jetjockey said:
Lequip, ease up there man. Do you even work for SWA??? It doesn't appear so. Give the guys a break. They are suffering from a major dissapointment, and you are not helping. If they were called in to interview, they were qualified. The fact is good people get turned down by SWA.

I'd like to agree, BUT. . . . . too many are getting rejected after the call. It makes one wonder if SWA isn't getting like the Dallas Cowboys of old. After finding players like Drew Pearson at small colleges, players that no one else knew of, the Cowboys decided that their system was so good that it was infallible. They got arrogant. Then they drafted some guys like Rod Hill, remember him? I thought not.

I'm really beginning to wonder if somehow SWA isn't pressing too hard in this process. You know, like trying to live up to their own press clippings.

To those who got the letter, life goes on. Maybe with less money, but things work the way they do for a reason, so keep your chin up. At least that's what I tell myself.

Luck Men,
:)

Regrets to the ones who got "the letter." I was in the same boat less than a year ago....everything went swell at the interview. Couldn't have had a better day and, yes, they did tell us that "they wanted to hire everyone of us if they could." I wouldn't trade the experience and getting to meet the friends at Higher Power though. Looking back, I do wish that I could have used the type money for something else and not have had to burn vacation like someone else mentioned.

I will say though that the rejection letter was the best thing that happend to me because I ended up looking at other jobs. While I love to fly it was not the be all and end all for me. Ended up taking a great engineering job and am making more than I would at SWA and am home on weekends. Works out best for me and the family and I'm happy. I am not trying to knock SWA though....I think it was not meant to be for me.

I hope that if you try there again in a year it works out for the better. If not, after you've worked through the rejection, I hope that you guys come out of it with an open mind to look at other possibilities.

Best of luck to all in the future.
Rangridr

Unfortunately, the pool can only get so deep. SWA sets a limit on the number of people it wants to spend the money on for the advanced background checks and pee tests that occur after the decision board. Even if 100 Steve Canyons showed up for the interview, only 30-40% (my guess based on the numbers tossed around here) would get the call to continue. Letting the pool get too large would lead to folks moving on with their life and rejecting the job offer when the phone finally did ring for a class date. Too large of a pool would eventually lead to interviews halting all together, then the company would have PD employees showing up for work for nothing to do. It is a brutally competitive, high stakes process that has become totally intense due to the dire state of the industry and the high number of qualified applicants. SWA has thrived because it has done the best to control its costs. Decisions based on dollars and cents are a grim reality in this business, my deepest condolences go out to those highly qualified folks that are victims of the economics of the situation.

:-) said:
I'd like to agree, BUT. . . . . too many are getting rejected after the call. It makes one wonder if SWA isn't getting like the Dallas Cowboys of old.

I have to agree with you on that. It does seem like there have been lots of rejections since the new year. I'm sure that the low success rate will not stop the flow of candiates for Higher power, or K&S.

Football?????? I haven't followed it too closely since we really don't have a "professional team" here in Chicago. Well, at least not since 1985! (coincidently the BEST TEAM EVER!!!!) Discuss amonst yourselves.

Well, I add to the list that got my letter today also....See you in a year....good luck to those waiting also. My letter traveled to S. Florida.

Lequip said:
Glad to hear SWA is hiring the most qualified pilots. Nothing like some snot nosed low timer who thinks he is owed the world just because he is military. Maybe you should go build some more time before you want to try and roll with us Big Boys.

I'd like to take a bat and swing at your little nutz, just so that you couldn't reproduce. Toolbag!

Latest resources

Back