• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for elevating me to God status. Nobody has to take my advice, but you think it is relavent. Thanks for that. All I am saying is let the process be fair, and we all know that arbitration will afford that. And you are free to post on any Delta subject too, and I will probably be there to refute it. That is what happens on a public forum.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Speaking of Delta situations, how did Delta do 1Q 2011?

Let's here your refuting...

Looks like you need to help your company vs. "helping" us.

Regardless to how the SLI goes...

1. We shake hands over the table quickly.
2. We need a moderators help.
3. We need a arbitrators help.

...it should be done Dec. 31 of this year.

At that point we shall do a "Sherman" on Atlanta.

Whataburger's March to the Sea!!!

Buckle up, fly safe, enjoy, and have fun out there.

Almost.

"If an agreement is not reached during that timeframe, the matter is agreed to be sent to arbitration and a new implementation process would then have to be negotiated."
Gary Kelly April 18th, 2011

Correct.

Although, I think you may be interpreting his comments a little differently than what is stated in our four party agreement. If we can't negotiate a new implementation process (schedule), the Arbiters will give us one.

I hope it won't come to that ..... I got a solid chocolate easter bunny on Sunday. He hoped I wouldn't eat his ears first :)

DAL lost $318 million, or $3.5 mil/day The press report states the will no longer serve sundaes on Europe flights to crew. The cost is killing the bottom line. Please say it isn’t so, General.

Because you are making assertions which are unsupported by the language of the process agreement and public comments made by our CEO.

You have your opinions. I have mine. That's all I'm going to say about it anymore.

Fly safe, and see ya on the line. :beer:

General please just go away and find some other thread. None of the AT or SWA crew members want your BS. If that changes we know where you live (after more than 14, 723 post we know where he lives).

Lear70 I think the openers should help sort a lot out in interpretation for both sides. I have heard that they won't be serving sundaes to the negotiating committees in support of deltas cut backs. Donations are accepted.

Speaking of Delta situations, how did Delta do 1Q 2011?

Let's here your refuting...

Looks like you need to help your company vs. "helping" us.

Regardless to how the SLI goes...

1. We shake hands over the table quickly.
2. We need a moderators help.
3. We need a arbitrators help.

...it should be done Dec. 31 of this year.

At that point we shall do a "Sherman" on Atlanta.

Whataburger's March to the Sea!!!

Buckle up, fly safe, enjoy, and have fun out there.

Happily. We had a poor quarter, that we expected to be worse thanks to ATL ice storms, Japan problems, higher fuel, etc. After the news came out this morning, our stock shot up 8%. We lost 34 cents (or close) compared to 50 cents. Here is what an AP article yesterday said about this year for Delta Earnings:

WHAT'S EXPECTED: Analysts surveyed by FactSet are expecting Delta to report a loss of 50 cents per share on revenue of $7.61 billion.

LAST YEAR'S QUARTER: Delta lost $256 million, or 31 cents per share. Revenue rose 2 percent to $6.85 billion. It went on to earn a full-year 2010 profit of $593 million, and analysts are still predicting a full-year 2011 profit, too.

Delta always has better Q2 and Q3 numbers. I have said that for years. We are a Spring and Summer airline. Our Spring has done very well so far, and Summer should be great too. After that, we will probably park a few widebodies and settle in for Q4 again. But, as stated above, it looks like we should have a full year profit. That's good.

And, your SLI will be done by arbitrators. If not, the Airtran guys will be given spots that are unfair. They know this. Try to keep selling them a used car. It won't happen.

Also, I love your march on ATL rhetoric. Have you ever been here? I guess not. You can't get any new gates, and thanks to already packed taxiways and finals, you won't be able to pull any of your typical short approach stuff. Fast taxis just won't happen when you are taxiing to runway 28 for departure. Tight turns are based on room and traffic, and ATL will test your patience on both. But go for it, and make sure you double the salaries of everyone in ATL (Airtran people), which will make it even tougher to shrink fares just to pay for it. Give up on Airtran's first class product, and watch more business people flock to us. It just goes on and on. I can't wait to watch it unfold, litterally for you. I recall you guys had the same chants when you started your PHL push. How have you done there? Anyone? Expanded much? Not really......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General please just go away and find some other thread. None of the AT or SWA crew members want your BS. If that changes we know where you live (after more than 14, 723 post we know where he lives).

Why would I want to stop doing something I love, which is entertaining airline industry debate? You can always put the ignore function on, but I have a feeling you actually want to read what I post. The SWA guys are getting paranoid, so they have been tuning in more lately. They don't want me to keep revealing their "little secret." I just want all of you to live harmoniously together, holding hands, and saying "We are the Southwest crew, the Southwest crew, the Southwest crew. We are number 40 in line, number 40 in line, behind 40 Delta widebodies here in ATL. Time to bid more Birmingham, Birmingham, Birmingham....."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta always has better Q2 and Q3 numbers.

So does everyone else.

Look at last year's results. Ours was a lot better than yours. Some airlines do a lot better than others during Q2 and Q3. We had $300 million in profit sharing last year alone. This year has been tougher on some, primarily the Japan stuff, and other problems some don't have. You, yourself have had a problem unique to your airline that will affect your own Q2 numbers, namely the temporary parking of 79 733s due to your tuna can incident. That may not give you a loss for Q2, but it will impact it somewhat negatively. (financially and via the media)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back