• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the group like Ty or would he rather I use his real name? With the threats of usair and sickouts. I am very surprised A T puts up with that. Ty even slams his own group if they disagree with him. He is a poison to any team he is on.

Get your facts straight. I have never said any of the stuff you listed. I have said repeatedly that I will graciously accept whatever SLI outcome is final. Can you say the same?

That's the 2nd time I've heard that idea alluded to. I don't know where it's coming from, but it's absolutely false.

There's nothing in the Process Agreement, the Purchase Agreement between Southwest and AirTran, our new CBA, OR the Railway Labor Act that allows for those pay rates (or any other part of our contract) to be retracted or rescinded.

Whoever's propagating that rumor needs to quote some hard and fast language in one of those documents or figure out a new rumor of the day. Right now the VAST MAJORITY of AAI pilots I speak to are pretty open about what they may consider "fair". Start spreading false rumors and fear, and you're likely to get those people to dig their feet in and be less willing to find some type of "middle ground".

It's like any other kind of negotiation, you p*ss off one side, and the negotiation pretty much ends, even if it hurts one side or the other. Not a good idea IMHO. Too many people here have spent far too many years under hostile working conditions to respond well to more fear and intimidation.

Just a thought...

Just a thought...your pay rates for the 717 do no come over to our CBA..you stick with your current one until?????....SWAPA still needs to negotiate those. becarfeful what you wish for because for all we know SWA the company wants RJ rates for the 717...you better hope SWAPA does not....not saying that is a tactic...justs sayin.

lets see.....10 year fence at $163 per hour or less or 10 year fence at an equivalent $205 per hour....that adds up to over a half a million dollars differece if not played correctly...

Gotta have some Faith! I predict a deal by Thanksgiving between SWAPA/ALPA. Just in time for Christmas shopping season.

Just a thought...your pay rates for the 717 do no come over to our CBA..you stick with your current one until?????....SWAPA still needs to negotiate those. becarfeful what you wish for because for all we know SWA the company wants RJ rates for the 717...you better hope SWAPA does not....not saying that is a tactic...justs sayin.

lets see.....10 year fence at $163 per hour or less or 10 year fence at an equivalent $205 per hour....that adds up to close to over a half a million dollars differece if not played correctly...

Incorrect information. Whoever is telling you this isn't familiar with the RLA and hasnt vetted this idea through an RLA attorney.

Our CBA remains in effect until it is modified through Sec 6 negotiations OR through side letter which must pass member ratification through AAI ALPA.

The process agreement allows for new pay rates to be negotiated by both SWAPA AND ALPA (both must agree) and only AFTER an SLI is agreed upon AND implemented and ONLY if an agreement is reached through negotiations outside of arbitration (5.g)

If it goes to arbitration then when the final award is implemented, everyone falls under the SWAPA CBA (5.g).

There is no mechanism to alter pay rates in any other manner. Just what's written in black and white. No pay freezes, our pay increases in our CBA continue as-scheduled unless agreed to by ALPA and MemRat or by comin under the SWAPA CBA.

If it goes to arbitration,

Your pay rate DOES NOT COME TO OUR CBA....PERIOD. You will operate under your contract until you fall under ours. There will not be a JBCA. The 717 rates HAVE to be negotiated between SWA and SWAPA for the SWAPA CBA. Why don't you understand that. ALPA WILL NOT be part of that. It is between SWAPA and SWA.

If it goes to arbitration then when the final award is implemented, everyone falls under the SWAPA CBA

I don't think this is right.

L70,

You're wrong.
OK, I've quoted the RLA, our CBA, and the Process Agreement.

Again, if you, or anyone else who is buying into the idea that we're stuck/frozen at whatever rate we have NOW and/or somehow could be forced back into our previous CBA *AND* you have a VALID SOURCE that can be QUOTED by paragraph and sentence, then please, by all means, enlighten us.

Otherwise, it's just unsubstantiated rumor, and we shall treat it as such. I understand people are worried; it's only natural given our situation for BOTH sides to be concerned. I get that, truly, I do. But there's no need to be baselessly inflammatory.

Sure, we will be stuck with our current CONTRACT, with its scheduled pay raises based on longevity and COLA that's in our CBA, until an agreed settlement per Sec 2 OR until 6.a forces 5.g (and/or any legal challenges are settled, up to 6 months additional or so), but I believe our Merger Committees will come to an amicable settlement and we'll all be just fine.

Again, if you have a SOURCE to QUOTE that's a signed document or existing law, great, let's hear it. Otherwise... it doesn't exist, despite how many people try to spread the rumor.

but I believe our Merger Committees will come to an amicable settlement and we'll all be just fine.

me too!

Latest resources

Back