• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah and the senior dudes got aprox a $1,000,000 in stock for their trouble.

I really hope we can come to a negotiated settlement, but reality is it just isn't going to happen. In a situation like this, everyone is going to look after themselves. Understandably so, but you just wont be able to get a vote to pass. If one side likes it, the other side wont.
I am around 16% over at the tranny, and at DOH I would end up nearly 48%. I have around 500 captains below me. Do you truly believe they would downgrade 500 guys, and retrain 500 fo's to take their captain seat???

I am sure fences etc. will help with this, but glad I dont have the NC's job.

I really hope we can come to a negotiated settlement, but reality is it just isn't going to happen. In a situation like this, everyone is going to look after themselves. Understandably so, but you just wont be able to get a vote to pass. If one side likes it, the other side wont.
I am around 16% over at the tranny, and at DOH I would end up nearly 48%. I have around 500 captains below me. Do you truly believe they would downgrade 500 guys, and retrain 500 fo's to take their captain seat???

I am sure fences etc. will help with this, but glad I dont have the NC's job.

Agreed. SWAPA would be slammed by their own people if they gave a fair deal. Look how fired up some SWA guys are on here now. What is it like in their cockpits? I bet it is worse. The only way to ensure fairness is to have someone or a panel do it with no stakes involved besides a normal fee. Clear your heads and just think about it. We're all HOPING for a negotiated settlement in the Middle East too, but that may never happen also. Don't just hope, just go for the arbitrated list.

OYS

Thanks for your great words of wisdom OY6.

What's your hard on against SW?

Your drivel makes you sound like a major league A-hole.

In the end, I want the AT guys to be happy also. I'm gonna work with them for the next 25 YEARS! So I've got real investment in their happiness. Really.

In the end, they will be Southwest pilots.

And in the end they will also be your competitor.

Hey, I get it now. Well done OY6 and Gen Lee too. I'm sure the AT guys get it too. Good luck trying to start fighting between future brothers. No matter what happens, I truly believe that we will ALL be very happy at Southwest in a few years. It may take a while for wounds to heal.

A good job at a great company with an outstanding paycheck is a heck of a salve!

I look forward to working with them. I'll even buy Dicko a beer! And Ty too if he gets back to flying!

Happy Easter- BD32

Last edited:
In the end, I want the AT guys to be happy also. I'm gonna work with them for the next 25 YEARS! So I've got real investment in their happiness. Really.

In the end, they will be Southwest pilots.

I look forward to working with them. I'll even buy Dicko a beer! And Ty too if he gets back to flying!

Happy Easter- BD32

That's one of the healthiest attitudes I've seen on here and gives me hope that an agreement really CAN be reached. As long as BOTH sides are willing to give a little bit so that one side doesn't get royally hosed, I think the culture can be protected and we can enjoy long careers together without animosity.

Look forward to buying you a frosty beverage soon as well. :beer:

That's the thing.

An agreement WILL be reached. And I may not upgrade. And you might not keep your Capt seat. And I might not get a raise. And you might get displaced...and ...and...price of gas goes to $250 and we'll all be looking for a Walmart greeter job. Life will go on.

But in the end, we, as the newer bigger Southwest, should be better off.

And in the end OY6 and Gen lee will still be a competitor. It's one thing to have AT in your playground and kicked jB out, it might be another to have AT and SWA working together in your sandbox.

No wonder they are trying to divide a group trying to merge.

Enjoy the weekend- and Lear70, I'll take you up on the beer!

Happy Easter- BD32

Heh-heh . . . . There ain't no "if" . . . . Just a simple schlong reduction. So, you can see why I'm leery of getting kicked in that area right now. :laugh: :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back