• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fly with ex-NWA guys every trip out of DTW, and I talk to them all the time about their SLI and their feelings on the merger. Some are ticked a bit, but most have gotten over it. They like the new airline now, have more choices, have better pay, and have moved on mentally away from the SLI. You will too eventually.
OYS

Wow...for once i agree with what OYS says. These same words will soon be spoken in reference to Trannies and their feelings on the SLI. It may sting a bit at first, but soon the better pay, more choices, etc will help them mentally move away from their feeling too.

Arbitrators won't see it that way. You will get a joint contract first (all successful recent mergers have done that, and USAir did not), and then your pay will be equal at that point. From there a SLI will be formed, OYS

Well, OYS, this clearly shows how little you know about this acquisition. First, there will not be a joint contract. Even AT ALPA acknowledges this fact. SWAPA will be the survivng union. Our CBA doesn't allow for re-opener in this case. Second, the PA which is the topic of this thread clearly states that the SLI will come before any portions of the SWAPA contract are extended to trannies. It further states that the length of time between an ISL and our pay/benefits depends greatly on the method by which the list is reached.

Feel free to respond with whatever uninformed bs you can think of and continue to prove to everyone how little you know about this acquisition.

This is not your fight OYS and you don't know what both sides know.

OYS:puke:

The guy is a frickin TOOL! My bet is that he is a call sign kernal and definitely wears not only the hat, but also has long sleeves.

I'm not posting what I expect or would be willing to accept. You're throwing your coworkers under the bus for 2000 lousy bucks/month.

I think its actually more like a lousy 4000+ a month. We are all smart enough to know that he speaks for one.

We also know Ty, that you want everything (cus you deserve everything) We know you are looking forward to the arbitrators’ hearing the case.

Which, in my opinion after reading the side letters and PA = the hard way.

I am glad Air Tran has the only "official" union member assigned to comment on Flight Info regarding the Acquistion. Haven't seen many SWAPA folks appointed as such..wonder why?

I haven't seen any AirTran pilot here claiming to be a union official.

Latest resources

Back