• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. Seeing all of you get a fair SLI would make me very happy, and anyone who cares about fairness. Sounds like you, Red, Bob Dylin, and Tex would be crushed. Happy Easter!

Me seeing you off reserve, thus taking away your time to post on FI.com would make me happy.

Back a few years ago....
I remember feeling better once the Delta/NWA figured out their SLI. I mean, I had high blood pressure and trouble sleeping for months. I just was so fearful of the NWA (the only cool part of Delta) guys getting a bad SLI. Then part of me worried for the General, I didn't want him to get hurt in anyway.

I brought this concern up to everyone I flew with in the months that ALPA Delta and ALPA NWA worked out their deal. Most of my co-workers were concerned too. Yeah, sure some said "who gives a f@#k about them"... but overall, we at SWA cared a lot. We thought it was "Our business", much like you do now. Gary even tried to show your managment how to run an Airline, but they didn't even want his help.

I'd say, keep it up... keep worrying about our house, not yours. We need all the help we can get at Southwest.

Happy Easter! I mean it. I hope you and your family have a great day. I'm just messing with you 'cause it's easy. I've never said one word about how I think this thing should play out and frankly, I'm not too concerned. Arbitration? Negotiation? It is what it is. Like you, I went through the UAL BK and furlough. It certainly put things into perspective and I try not to forget the lessons learned from that experience. No matter what happens, life will go on the day after we see the award.

Maybe it's just me, but I detect a little animosity towards Southwest? I think you'd find the cockpit at SWA eerily similar to what you experienced at UAL and what you are now experiencing at DAL. Good people trying to make a living doing what they love.

I never said arbitration would be UNFAIR to SWA pilots. It might give you an SLI that is better than you might be able to negotiate (although probably not). Still, it would be more fair to everyone, and even you can't deny that. Happy Easter!

OYS

I love all the talk of fairness from people biased towards AAI pilots when it is obvious to almost everyone that The Trannies are receiving a huge windfall. That cannot be denied.

Mod Note: please dont report posts because you don't like an opinion being expressed here in FI.. if it's not a TOS violation.. don't get me involved.. none of you like when I come in and start fixing a mess..

CLr4 mod

That's your arguement? Your trying talking about company items vs contract issues. Apples and oranges.

What does the AAI contract bring the Southwest group?

What does the Southwest contract bring the AAI pilot group? The differences are staggering, and very definable. Gonna be an interesting arguement to say the least.

I'm going to say this again because you clearly missed it. Try reading it slower this time.

The SWA contract has an ammendable date, it is NO GUARANTEE of future earnings for AirTran pilots or SWA pilots much beyond that date. However, you believe I should take a seniority hit so that you can get a seniority bump. Yeah, OK.

Are you so smug to think that your stellar contract will always be what it is today? Maybe, maybe not. History says it won't. Look around man. Your contract was nothing special back in 2000/2001 when SWA was losing pilots to UAL/DAL/UsAir/etc all of which had far superior contracts. Take the blinders off. Guarantee me better pay/benefits for the remainder of my career and we can talk about me taking a hit in seniority. Until then, I'd feel better taking my chances with an arbitrator who understands the cyclical nature of the airline business.

Again, your current CBA guarantees AirTran pilots nothing past it's ammendable date. The arbitrators will know this.

Good Luck. Happy Easter.

Last edited:
I'm sorry OY6 for stating you were acting like an A-hole. I was not calling you one, I was simply stating my opinion that you were acting like an A-hole.

Actually, I am wrong.

I'm pretty sure that you are an A-hole.

I'll take my week off now.

Happy Easter. And look forward to flying with my new AT buddies-

Cheers-

BD32

And -9capt (before I get kicked off)

Do you not find your post and your signature line a bit ironic?

You'll like it over here, really. No matter where we all end up, it'll still be better than where we were.

Let our joint teams do their jobs. It'll all work out.

Hopefully we can do it without needing to call on OY6 for his divine guidance!

Cheers-

When a contract expires it runs status quo while in section 6 negotiations. It can be amended several ways. Bankruptcy, arbitration, or negotiations, nothing is for sure but there is a process. SWA is not headed in that direction, where was Airtran headed?

The maturity of work agreements of the southwest employee groups shows a partnership with the company. Airtran employees hopefully will enjoy this participation too. Both the good and bad of working together. Whatever snapshot of logic is used will show the context of the industry and what both groups can provide with factual data. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back