• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When our high-powered attorneys showed up at SWAPA hdq, they were all about some type of relative ratio. Then they got a hold of our contracts, got an understanding of both groups work rules, and they completely changed their collective minds. They are itching to go to arbitration but SWAPA and SWA want a negotiated deal.

Really the lawyers want to go to arbitration??? NO ********************!!! So do ours!!! They are paid on billable hours. They have to get 2000 of those a year in order to hit the bonus. This deal has the potential to lock up those hours for at least three associates. The partner gets a percent of total business. Your lawyers are praying that this turns into USAir.

In case you missed the process agreement negotiation our lawyers want this to turn into USAir.

6000 pilots versus 1700 pilots. Which group has the potential to have the highest number of PO'd pilots, affecting SWA's bottom line. Gary is ruthless and ALL business. I don't believe Gary will support me over you because he loves me or has loyalty toward me. It's a bottom-line decision. 3000 PO'd SWA FO's versus 850 PO'd AT CA's makes for an easy decision. But I don't believe it'll go that way. SWA will be involved and a negotiated solution will have incentives making is more palatable to one side or the other.

Just an informed opinion,
shootr

Ok enough of this garbage too. What are the PO'd pilots going to do? Now this is my third airline so I'll make this multiple choice. Some of you sky gods might have come out of the military so ask your squadron buddies for the right answer.

When an airline pilot gets mega PO'd they will? I'm talking so mad they can't see straight.
A. Show up on time, do their duties, move airplanes on schedule safely, and complain to fellow pilots in the crew room.
B. Taxi out on two engines and run the APU too long.
C. Call in sick within the contractual limit of sick calls assuming they have some sick time available and haven't used it all for extra vacation, actual sickness, or missed commutes.
D. All of the above

See thats it. That is the hammer of god you bring down on SWA if your pilot group gets PO'd. Notice: quit and strike are not on the list. Notice: Ground fleet with write ups is not on the list... because two guys do that and get fired then it doesn't happen again.

If I'm GK I'm still confused how this isn't done yet. I'm guessing he just wants to know a date it will be done. Dec. 31 at the latest sir... "ok good we will plan on that"

I could be wrong. Maybe GK is in a room with psychologists right now. Maybe they are looking at happiness charts. Doing a dollar cost analysis of pilot happiness vs pay/seniority. This thought is actually cracking me up. The idea of psychologists and accountants sitting in a room trying to maximize our happiness! It sounds like a guy that is "ALL business".

Crashpad,

I won't comment on HOW it should go down but I agree with your sentiment. I guess the fighting is 5900 WN pilots trying to protect 40 years of history/seniority and 1650 AAI pilots trying to get all they can.

Gup

1650 trying to get all they can? Try 3, Ty and the other 2 guys. In our last contract 86% of our pilots took whatever was served.

Give me ten minutes and your negotiators and I'll get you an 80% vote.

1 min. of introductions
2 min. negotiating
7 min. shaking hands and popping champagne

This Process agreement is very good for both sides to bring us to a healthy, happy one side. All of the Negotiators involved strongly agree on one fundamental point. And that is a negotiated SLI is far better than an arbitrated agreement. My personal hopes are high that this is what will prevail.

If not, then everyone's future will be in question. Not a good place to end up.

SWA has always put most of its energy into its culture understanding its essential tangible benefits. This Process agreement allows the existing culture to be protected. Which again, is ultimately what all of us need, a healthy Southwest Airlines.

Well said crashpad.

I think a deal will get done. All things "good" point to a deal. With arbitrators - who knows?

1650 trying to get all they can? Try 3, Ty and the other 2 guys. In our last contract 86% of our pilots took whatever was served.

Give me ten minutes and your negotiators and I'll get you an 80% vote.

1 min. of introductions
2 min. negotiating
7 min. shaking hands and popping champagne

Pretty easy to do when you're at the bottom of the list. I'm glad you're not negotiating on my behalf, or for the rest of your fellow pilots.

Did you think before you wrote that, or were you that drunk at 10 a.m.? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pretty easy to do when you're at the bottom of the list. I'm glad you're not negotiating on my behalf.

Did you think before you wrote that, or were you that drunk at 10 a.m.? :rolleyes:

His VOTE wil count as much as yours, though. You have no more power than he has (other than a seemingly louder voice).

Sure. If we get something reasonable enough to put to a vote. Otherwise, it'll just go to Arbitration.

I would think the problem in voting will not be with the AirTran pilots but trying to convince the Southwest pilots, "who will gain nothing from this acquisition" that it will be a good deal for them.

And you are a swa fo now, and will be one after the merger. No one cares about your view point or needs your input. The Trannys are smart folks.... it will be worked out.
:bawling:

You're a delta pilot....bug off! No one cares about your view point or needs your input. The Trannys are smart folks.... it will be worked out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back