• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am glad Air Tran has the only "official" union member assigned to comment on Flight Info regarding the Acquistion. Haven't seen many SWAPA folks appointed as such..wonder why?

PCL 128 has been on FI long before he was hired at AirTran. Why should he stop posting now? Because you don't agree with him? Do you think there are no elected or appointed SWAPA reps on here?

Last edited:
You have to know this is not even close to the truth. Read our contract.
I'm sure he means "equivalent bidding power" in terms of days off, weekends off, trip composition (long-haul versus short hops), vacations, holidays, etc.

There's no arguing your contract is better; no one has ever challenged that idea.

What you hear from WN pilots is pride, not cockiness. You hear the same thing in the AT guys postings. Trust me, we'll get past this for the better and be buying each other brews and yucking it up together sooner rather than later. I'm actually looking forward to it and to the new experiences that lie ahead.
Agreed, and glad to see some positivity from that side of the fence. I know a LOT of Southwest pilots are really leery of what's going to happen, as are we. At the end of the day, as I've said from the beginning, I trust the Merger Committees to find a middle ground and for all of us to go forward doing our part and continuing to make Southwest a great airline.

It'll all work out; everyone needs to have a frosty beverage and RELAX. See you guys and gals on the line. :)

Last edited:
PCL 128 has been on FI long before he was hired at AirTran. Why should he stop postingnow? Because you don't agree with him? Do you think there are no elected or appointed SWAPA reps on here?
I've mentioned it before, both SWAPA and AAI reps read this board, as does management on both sides from time to time. There's also MC/NC members who lurk and occasionally post.

NONE of those people ever post in their OFFICIAL capacity on here...

Still curious to an answer to my question SW guys? How would the scenario I presented hurt a single SW pilot? Disclaimer....my scenario in no way represents what I deam a fair or unfair SLI. It is just an example of a possible SLI award.

Still curious to an answer to my question SW guys? How would the scenario I presented hurt a single SW pilot? Disclaimer....my scenario in no way represents what I deam a fair or unfair SLI. It is just an example of a possible SLI award.

It's SLI specific and probably won't be answered.

Gup

Yeah, riiiiight. If I were an Airtran pilot, I wouldn't accept anything from SWAPA. Just let a neutral do it, with no strings attached. That will ENSURE fairness, and that is what the SWAPA guys are afraid of.

You're a delta pilot....bug off! No one cares about your view point or needs your input. The Trannys are smart folks.... it will be worked out.

PCL 128 has been on FI long before he was hired at AirTran. Why should he stop posting now? Because you don't agree with him? Do you think there are no elected or appointed SWAPA reps on here?

I do not think PCL128 should be posting anything about the Southwest/AirTran deal. I respect your opinion, PCL128's opinion and others ideas. However, long before he was hired at AirTran is irrelevant to today's situation. Because of PCL128 current position he should practice what both SWAPA and ALPA have preached and refrain from commenting with reguard to this deal on here. I realize PCL128 did not really editorialize, I recognize free speech and all, but in his current position I don't think he should post on this topic at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back