• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"WE CAN'T TELL TRANNY WHAT TO DO, CUS WE DON'T OWN THEM." SWAPA does NOT own them. Your management will after the merger is complete, but SWAPA isn't losing a dime, and AT pilots don't owe you guys anything. Take the SLI to arbitration, and someone outside the box will figure out what is fair. Thanks for making my point. YOU DON'T OWN THE TRANNIES.

OYS

OYS were you there in 98/99 when UAL talked about acquiring America West?
If you insert UAL for SWA in your above statement, would you have the same sentiment towards America West pilots coming over??? You know immediate pay raises, quality of life, or would you say UAL owns them and UAL's MEC and pilots have no say??? Yea I thought so

Dude, happy your at the Big D, and away from this basket case of a company. I'd thought after being with UAL you would have learned to count your blessings and not play the whose appendage is bigger game, trust me you'll lose.
Frats

Koko[/QUOTE]]

No, came in after that, prior to 9-11. I don't think any group should treat the other that way, including the current apparent attitude towards the AT guys. And I am happy about my current situation.

OYS

Last edited:
Yeah OY6 - we are not at the bottom of the list = like you are at Delta. :laugh:

No, came in after that, prior to 9-11. I don't think any group should treat the other that way, including the current apparent attitude towards the AT guys. And I am happy about my current situation.

OYS[/QUOTE]

In what way is SWAPA or SWA pilots treating AirTran pilots that leads you to think that way? Protecting their pilots and personal self interests?

If the tables had been turned and Delta "merged" with AirTran, you can honestly look in the mirror and say you'd wouldn't be having the same apprehensions as SWA Guy's?Girls?

I'm though, take care, all the best and good luck.

Peace
Koko

OYS,

Came to UAL pre 9-11? Then you'll remember the UsAir deal, right? How about the famous line about those guys wanting their 400 manuals? Remember how that felt? Tell me you had no problem with those guys spouting off about DOH, etc... Your going on and on about how unfair the SWA pilots are being, but circa 2000 you were in the same friggin boat! SWA pilots are looking to protect their interests just like you were looking to do back in the day.

Last edited:
OYS,

Came to UAL pre 9-11? Then you'll remember the UsAir deal, right? How about the famous line about those guys wanting their 400 manuals? Remember how that felt? Tell me you had no problem with those guys spouting off about DOH, etc... Your going on and on about how unfair the SWA pilots are being, but circa 2000 you were in the same friggin boat!

I think that was going on when I was doing 737 initial, so I was mostly thinking about limitations and sim rides. I was trying to focus on passing. I honestly don't remember much about that USAir stuff. Sorry to dissapoint you.

OYS

OYS

In what way is SWAPA or SWA pilots treating AirTran pilots that leads you to think that way? Protecting their pilots and personal self interests?

If the tables had been turned and Delta "merged" with AirTran, you can honestly look in the mirror and say you'd wouldn't be having the same apprehensions as SWA Guy's?Girls?

I'm though, take care, all the best and good luck.

Peace
Koko[/QUOTE]

Most people get a little ruffled in mergers, and SLIs can hurt feelings. But, continued put downs and outlandish claims like "we're giving you this and that, and you should accept our offer" even though the offer is really from management is different. If you really think you deserve this and that, and can back it up, take it to arbitration. Your confidence will ultimately prevail, right? That is the problem here. The outlandish slams that should just be solved by a neutral determining the actual fair deal or list. Everyone on one side seems scared of that....Why is that? Arbitration should be mandatory for all merger lists, including UAL/CAL. Just get it over with. Good luck to you too.

OYS

Last edited:
Not buying it OYS. That crap went on for more than six months and I don't remember meeting one person on the line that wasn't seeing red. I'm sure you included.

Yeah OY6 - we are not at the bottom of the list = like you are at Delta. :laugh:

You may be closer after your SLI. Your rise in your list is tied to fewer retirements, and younger AT pilots. That is called stagnation. Certain other airlines have huge numbers of retirements, with senior guys leaving, creating more than 20 upwards movements per retirement. That's good.

OYS

Not buying it OYS. That crap went on for more than six months and I don't remember meeting one person on the line that wasn't seeing red. I'm sure you included.

I was more concerned with passing, finding a crashpad, etc. And, I thought "I made it!!!". Well, that was taken away after 9-11.

OYS

Latest resources

Back