• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A seat lock only makes sense when a move to the right seat will be accompanied by a serious pay/QOL hit. This is not the case here. An 8year AAI captain becoming an 8yr SWA FO will experience a RAISE in pay/QOL. This is a first in any SLI.

Cant be certain, but I'm confident that any reasonable arbitrator will agree.

Even though precedence is largely the foundation for most the AT pilots on this board, precedence is not a factor in any previous integration of seniority lists. Precedence is used when laws or rules are enforced. The term really does not apply to this process because there are no rules or laws for an arbitrator to follow. M/B only requires a process with considerations.

Each integration has its own merits and considerations.

A seat lock only makes sense when a move to the right seat will be accompanied by a serious pay/QOL hit. This is not the case here. An 8year AAI captain becoming an 8yr SWA FO will experience a RAISE in pay/QOL. This is a first in any SLI.

Cant be certain, but I'm confident that any reasonable arbitrator will agree.

Don't you think it's reasonable for them to have their cake, and eat OURS too? How selfish of you to want to keep what you have earned and not give it away to those more deserving of it!

This is not a merger of equals. AT brings to the SWA pilot group ATLANTA(!), and even a few tropical intl destinations! What does SWAPA bring to the table for those guys?

The huge pay raises, far better QOL, far better management, numerous domiciles, LBB, Bob Torti etc. are trivial things that don't even come close to the value of ATLANTA(!)

If we want ATLANTA(!), we gotta give a lot here, don't we?

Judging by all the FI (post 9/27) threads on the subject, those AT guys are giving up a lot just by becoming SW pilots, so don't you think they deserve YOUR seniority and seat? It's OK to downgrade OUR guys (with the corresponding pay cut), but perish the thought of an AT guy moving right, while getting a pay raise at the same time......

Trip I think Anger disagrees with you.He wants the number 2 spot (maybe no. one) Right next to JR. relative seniority or burn the Empire down).

How about this lets take about 500 guys on each side. Arm them with bats, chains, and anything else that would make a good time. Then we let them fight it out to the death, the last man standing that plants the flag in the middle of the field wins. That way there will be about 999 guys gone overall on the list. But the rules are you have to keep fighting till the last man, thats it! The winning team will be stapled on the top.

My perspective as a 7 year SWA F/O.

1. Seat protection or lock for Tranny CA's is unacceptable and would create a caustic work environment.

2. Forget fencing out the 717 also. SWAPA negotiated a maximum 24 month fence in our contract for a reason. We don't want lesser paid pilots running around our system on a fenced out airplane that happens to be the same size as a -500. Hello...can you say B-Scale anyone? In all likelihood, those airplanes will end up deployed on our short haul routes out of TX and West Coast so no way in hades we want it fenced out of our hands permanently.

3. Date of hire...not what I want but realistically a possibility provided the maximum 24 month duration fence applies around your operation. After 24 months, we get into ATL and your aircraft and seats and you get into our system. You get what your seniority holds Southwest and no more...

My perspective as a 7 year SWA F/O.

1. Seat protection or lock for Tranny CA's is unacceptable and would create a caustic work environment.

What logic are you basing this on?

Any sort of "bump and flush" during a merger between two stable/growing airlines is very, very unlikely. It's even more unlikely with the current laws in place.

I think you're setting yourself up to be very angry and disappointed, and for what? What will you have personally lost? Has your pay changed? Has your bidding position changed? Has your upgrade been impacted?

TZ doh? You must be joking. One day at the tranny = one day at SWA? No chance that will fly. I say staple every fo with pay protect. The rest integrate 8 to 1 from their #1 guy. All pay protected. I think these aai posters on here are clueless and you would offer them doh? Well, I gues the sli will work ok for you as a 7 year fo. Think about your "brothers" below you; why should they sacrifice doing things the 'hard" way and let these aai guys jump ahead of them? Hopefully you're a lone voice at swa.

Oh and throw in a 2 year fence in atl. Great deal for those guys.

Last edited:
Sundowner, I can't wait for AMR to buy you guys, and then jump in THOSE threads and talk about how you need to suck it up on the street for a few years while they train all those TWA guys to do your job.

Ty, I can't wait to see you guys get what you deserve at swa. All your talking on here is a joke; you guys can't honestly believe the dross that you spout. Like I said, be grateful and happy that you will be at a company that you like to work for AND you make a lot more money, wherever you may fall. You guys are giving yourselves a VERY bad rap at swa before you even fall on the doorstep. Don't ruin a good thing. GK will not let you guys spoil the party, believe me.

Last edited:
Ty, I can't wait to see you guys get what you deserve at swa. All your talking on here is a joke; you guys can't honestly believe the dross that you spout. Like I said, be grateful and happy that you will be at a company that you like to work for AND you make a lot more money, wherever you may fall. You guys are giving yourselves a VERY bad rap at swa before you even fall on the doorstep. Don't ruin a good thing. GK will not let you guys spoil the party, believe me.

The arbitrator(s) will make that decision. I hope everyone on this thread copies what is written, and sends it to the lawyers, since they will be arguing it with the neutrals. And GK will have NO say when it comes to arbitration. And who will have a bad "rap" before going to SWA? Who cares? You get in the plane, and you fly it. You will ALL have the same uniforms (Fonzi like jackets), and it won't matter after 6 months goes by. You are making way too much out of this.

And you Mr Jetblue, better watch out with AA sniffing your heiny. That really won't be fun if that ever happens.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back