• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok so my quick scan of the thread shows. Straight date of hire. No seat locks etc.

Is that what will keep poop out of my seat?

The arbitrator(s) will make that decision. I hope everyone on this thread copies what is written, and sends it to the lawyers, since they will be arguing it with the neutrals. And GK will have NO say when it comes to arbitration. And who will have a bad "rap" before going to SWA? Who cares? You get in the plane, and you fly it. You will ALL have the same uniforms (Fonzi like jackets), and it won't matter after 6 months goes by. You are making way too much out of this.

And you Mr Jetblue, better watch out with AA sniffing your heiny. That really won't be fun if that ever happens.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why do care about this so much?

Very strange.

Why do care about this so much?

Very strange.

Very strange? We just went through this, and all of this exact stuff happened prior to our SLI. Guess what? The arbitrators made the decisions, and it was about right down the middle, something you SWA guys can't seem to understand. But, I do think it is comical watching this because of your extreme cockiness, and it will be great to see the final outcome. It won't be what you are expecting, which is DOH, STAPLE, or anything close to that. It is time for you to start embrasing that idea. Have fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think it is 600+ mil cash and 57 million in stock purchase, but then again why sell a biz if they felt it was going to be long term successful. Did I hear AT was 2 bil in debt?

Think how much debt DL and NWA had prior to the merger? Plenty. Did it matter to the arbitrators? Nope. F9 was in BK, but AT is not even close. Every company carries some debt, even SWA, right? Keep swinging, maybe you will hit something....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Think how much debt DL and NWA had prior to the merger? Plenty. Did it matter to the arbitrators? Nope. F9 was in BK, but AT is not even close. Every company carries some debt, even SWA, right? Keep swinging, maybe you will hit something....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gen it's all good, this is not two government bail out carriers. Yes I understand your point about arbitration. We can't do anything about it, that's if it does go to arbitration. Yes, after the Acquisition is complete SWA will be carrying alot of AT debt. What people don't understand is the share holders of both sides see this as a opportunity to make a lot of cash. The Rioc will hit 25% which will create explosive growth to 2000-07 levels. What I would be worried about gen is your own turf in ATL, and MSP. Remember the little airline that could in Texas. Well our mgt still feels the need to grow and not be the little guy.

What ever body needs to watch out for the only legacy carrier that is sitting on a lot of cash and that never went BK. AMR will buy us all, unless Volaris does.lol

Gen it's all good, this is not two government bail out carriers. Yes I understand your point about arbitration. We can't do anything about it, that's if it does go to arbitration. Yes, after the Acquisition is complete SWA will be carrying alot of AT debt. What people don't understand is the share holders of both sides see this as a opportunity to make a lot of cash. The Rioc will hit 25% which will create explosive growth to 2000-07 levels. What I would be worried about gen is your own turf in ATL, and MSP. Remember the little airline that could in Texas. Well our mgt still feels the need to grow and not be the little guy.

Texman,
Hope your right, just not sure how many more connecting the dots are waiting in "untapped" territory, perhaps SWA can double again but "explosive" growth is harder when your company is already large, SWA is no longer a "little" airline.
Also a point of order, DAL or NWA didn't take (actually never applied) for ATSB loans, or "Govt Bailouts" as you refer to them, in fact only "little" airlines ever received loans from the govt post 9/11 and even UAL was shut out. The airlines went BK which means the creditors (private companies) took losses on credit extended to the companies along with bond holders and banks who make loans. In the end though, both companies were able to find additional private investors to exit bankruptcy on their own.
We'll see how "explosive" the growth is, but to discount your competition can be to your peril.
And yes the pilot profession owes a debt of gratitude to SWAPA for the elimination of DB pilot pensions and age 65 advocacy along with the $59 fares, those have been a hoot!

What ever body needs to watch out for the only legacy carrier that is sitting on a lot of cash and that never went BK. AMR will buy us all, unless Volaris does.lol

Wow, and here I thought you actually worked for SWA..... AMR has more debt than a millenium realestate investor in LAS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back