• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My prediction: start with DOH, then ratio down to leave 400-600 AT FOs at the bottom- no bump, no flush and some stock to make it all go down smooth. Then some serious growth to help us all have acquisition amnesia and become a new great swa doing things and growing in ways we never have.[/QUOTE]

So,you think it's fair to staple 1/2-3/4 of the AirTran FO's below all the swa FO's hired after September?

Really? I think you misunderstand how much the tone of Swapa pilots has turned towards looking out for our junior guys. That scenario would put all but a few hundred AT guys senior to me and that doesn't work for my 1 vote.

My prediction: start with DOH, then ratio down to leave 400-600 AT FOs at the bottom- no bump, no flush and some stock to make it all go down smooth. Then some serious growth to help us all have acquisition amnesia and become a new great swa doing things and growing in ways we never have.

Dude, that is a staple for half of our list. Arbitration it will be.

More threats! You're a real piece of work. Life will get real ugly if this is how you expect this to be played.

Idiot!

Get ugly? How exactly do you expect it to get ugly for anyone on the Southwest side of the fence?

As an impartial observer, it's astounding to see how clueless some of you trannies are regarding the leverage you are lacking.

It is mathmatically, statistically, and logically impossible for it to get ugly for Southwest. Won't and can't happen. The management at Southwest isn't going to poison their company for your sake. You guys will be twisting in the wind wondering how you pissed away the golden lottery ticket.

Beg for a staple.

Of course you will. You guys come on here and talk smack. I have only read one person on your side who pitched an idea. I'm guessing you don't know what you want but it better be better than DOH, not relative, etc...

Sack up at least I tossed out an idea. This message board is the only chance we have to speak openly with eachother. The idea of us speaking openly is so scary that our union forbids it.

So please, by all means, tell us what you are thinking.

DOH is a non-starter for me....... and I'm not junior.

Gup

You called it a battle. I see you've truly embraced the "warrior spirt".

Since we're not suppose to talk about SLI scenarios, (and I'm hungry), I propose a subject change: Hot dogs on the grill...

Should I go Chicago style with the peppers and such, straight up spicy, chilli dogs, or take it south of the border with salsa dogs? I'm indecisive, discuss...

I was being sarcastic. You caught that though.LOL

I didn't structure it this way, but it's setup that way for a reason. If you don't believe so, the you have your head in the sand. Gary set this up..not the SWAPA pilots.

You don't get it do you. Let me help you then. The LCC setup is what it is, I'm not debating what it may or may not be used for. Threatening us by continually pointing out 'doomsday' scenarios is not making any of us scared, it's pi$$ing us off. Yes, we're already apprehensive because we don't know what's going to happen but threatening us only makes my expectations grow because I'm getting pi$$ed off. That's why your statements are idiotic.

Waste of time anyway.

Get ugly? How exactly do you expect it to get ugly for anyone on the Southwest side of the fence?

As an impartial observer, it's astounding to see how clueless some of you trannies are regarding the leverage you are lacking.

It is mathmatically, statistically, and logically impossible for it to get ugly for Southwest. Won't and can't happen. The management at Southwest isn't going to poison their company for your sake. You guys will be twisting in the wind wondering how you pissed away the golden lottery ticket.

Beg for a staple.

No way Bob their contract says 18 months they have to be integrated and oh yeah Mike Vanden said he would honor it too.:laugh::laugh:

My response:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We should let the SWA guys pick 3 of us from the board, we pick 3 of them and hammer this out over some beers in a weekend.

FWIW, I think our MC is a sharp group and gives us a chance to get it done outside of arbitration.

My prediction: start with DOH, then ratio down to leave 400-600 AT FOs at the bottom- no bump, no flush and some stock to make it all go down smooth. Then some serious growth to help us all have acquisition amnesia and become a new great swa doing things and growing in ways we never have.

So,you think it's fair to staple 1/2-3/4 of the AirTran FO's below all the swa FO's hired after September?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do. More than fair. AND, I hold a moderate position and have been criticized by my fellow peers for thinking such generous SLI is fair.

But as the poster said below- if we can't close the gap- there is a process, of which I am not involved. It'll be how it'll be. But w/ 6 airlines in my 18 years- including a few of the most coveted jobs in history- my life improved over all of them in day 1 at SWA- there is a reason so many thousands have their app in to come to the bottom of all of us. So don't misconstrue my SLI opinion as being either meaningful or arrogant- respect is high- but you better RESPECT the position you are in to join SWAPA. It looks extremely bad on you if you are not grateful for the opportunity that fell onto you- and in no way will your life ever be worse off by joining this group anywhere on the list. Just don't even say it or let yourself think it. The only people who would tell you that are those who haven't worked here.

It IS ALL OUR PRIVELEGE TO WORK FOR HERB AND COLLEEN AND GARY'S AIRLINE. Make your SLI argument, and more power to it. But don't forget that.
And if push comes to shove- get on the list. I honestly don't know anything- but that's the feeling I have. Get on the list, even if it's tough pill for you personally- and DECIDE to be happy. It's premature advice, bc right now you should be making your case as well as you can- but if it comes down in a way you don't like- as a man who has friends there: Get on the list.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back