• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look! All you fu ck ers chill. If it goes to arbitration nothing we can do. If GK is not like what he is seeing then he can decide. This is all in GK's hands no matter how you look at it or what side you are on (swa/AT).

You would feel the same way - if the shoe was on the other foot.

Doubtful.

When our offer to buy Midex was announced, the talk on the line (and there was a lot of it) all seemed to indicate AirTran pilots expected it to go relative. Afterall, that is how the VJ/AirTran merger went.

Even when the Midex Pilots' union issued statements in the press against the merger, I didn't see the same type of hostility from AirTran pilots toward Midex pilots as I do from many of the SWA guys on here. A few of you guys really need to get over yourselves and develop some sense of self-worth beyond your W-2's and microphalluses.

Last edited:
Hey Ty- do you judge ALL pilot groups based on FI posts??

Throw a suit case of Stone IPA in a giant pail of ice.

Throw some sausages on the grill.

On the side burner, put a 1/4 cup of butter, a sliced up red pepper, yellow pepper and a giant yellow onion. Let it caramelize for about 10 to 15 minutes.

(Have a couple extra packets of sausages at the ready, for when the neighbors smell the yumminess.)

With John Lee Hooker & Muddy Waters playing over the outdoor speakers in the backyard, enjoy your time above ground. The summer sun, with your hot little bride floating around the pool while the kiddos splash around, mucho better ...

Of we can go at each other's throats, to absolutely no avail. None.

Chill brothers and sisters.

-C

PS whoever had the stomach bug, hope you are better

Throw a suit case of Stone IPA in a giant pail of ice.

Throw some sausages on the grill.

On the side burner, put a 1/4 cup of butter, a sliced up red pepper, yellow pepper and a giant yellow onion. Let it caramelize for about 10 to 15 minutes.

(Have a couple extra packets of sausages at the ready, for when the neighbors smell the yumminess.)

With John Lee Hooker & Muddy Waters playing over the outdoor speakers in the backyard, enjoy your time above ground. The summer sun, with your hot little bride floating around the pool while the kiddos splash around, mucho better ...

Of we can go at each other's throats, to absolutely no avail. None.

Chill brothers and sisters.

-C

PS whoever had the stomach bug, hope you are better

Yay! Someone else finally gets it. There are signs of life on this planet.

Wait wait wait. Didn't see that. Everyone after the snapshot is below everyone. DOH would still make CJ and 300 or so pilots above him junior to every AT pilot-
yeah, I don't see that happening, either. 300 Swa pilots aren't going to be all lumped together at the bottom.

All new hires since the snapshot are a cushion for everyone. I don't see how they could not.
yup, probably blended at DOH for those hired after 9/27. Just how past integrations have gone, which doesn't mean anything for certain, but is what I'd put money on for the bottom of the list.

If you were us, you would feel the same. We are not Midwest Airlines. We are Southwest Airlines you are Air Tran.

If you were in our shoes you would feel the same.

But there is hope - I saw my first Southwest FO with a "one luv" lanyard on. Slowly, its working guys.

I am happy for the employees coming to work for a better airline, just not so excited about all the flux in the company capacitor.

If you were us, you would feel the same. We are not Midwest Airlines. We are Southwest Airlines you are Air Tran.

For some unknown reason Airtran guys think they are equal to SWA. Maybe Midwest was equal to Airtran but how they think they are equal to SWA is really reaching far out. There is nothing equal between the two carriers. Not number of pilots, aircraft, cities served, profits, the list goes on. And the sad thing is they really think if it goes to arbitration that only seniority will be looked at.

Latest resources

Back