• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A shot at relative? Really, no chance, read Mike Van De Ven's statement no harm to any SWA pilot.

Read closer. I think if you go to arbitration with an unreasonable position the arbitrator will take our proposal. So if you go crazy train we only have to seem slightly more reasonable.

The SWAPA NC is not on the crazy train, though I am sure they are Ozzy fans, some of them are too young to appreciate him other than the stint on MTV. Flightinfo is more of a crazy train. Are you sure the AAI guys are presenting relative? I need new glasses, I am an old fart, I cannot read closer till they arrive.

Harm? The average SWA pilot prior to the pay increase last fall. 88 hours pay

new hire age
30 $6,655,968 career pay
35 $5,568,288
40 $4,480,608
45 $3,392,928

The average Airtran pilot before the amendment of the last contract.

30 $4,995,936
35 $4,188,096
40 $3,380,256
45 $2,572,416

You can adjust the numbers for AAI as you like but harm, in this example of wages only, would be a lower total income number for SWA pilots based upon integration of the AAI pilot group. Where as delayed upgrade for AAI would be offset and then some by the SWA contract and benefits increase. Is that clear enough? Just one example.

How about go with relative, but fence off the upgrades for the next 5 years. SWA FO get their capt seat and Airtran FO's get good schedules.

Swa guys do not talk about sli. This battle ain't over.

You called it a battle. I see you've truly embraced the "warrior spirt".

Since we're not suppose to talk about SLI scenarios, (and I'm hungry), I propose a subject change: Hot dogs on the grill...

Should I go Chicago style with the peppers and such, straight up spicy, chilli dogs, or take it south of the border with salsa dogs? I'm indecisive, discuss...

You called it a battle. I see you've truly embraced the "warrior spirt".

Since we're not suppose to talk about SLI scenarios, (and I'm hungry), I propose a subject change: Hot dogs on the grill...

Should I go Chicago style with the peppers and such, straight up spicy, chilli dogs, or take it south of the border with salsa dogs? I'm indecisive, discuss...

I am thinking burgers and just ordered a pizza. Already had some beer, but thinking more would be nice :)

Latest resources

Back