• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't think the operations would be merged if that scenerio plays out. Way too many pissed of pilots to make things work like they do at SW.

Relative seniority or DOH, the bottom
guys are still junior.

It looks likely that it will go to
arbitration.

Who's Eichen and his friends?

Do you really think that FOs at AT will get a 300 pilot cushion after being bought?

Apparently Eischen is the Arbitrator that has been selected. His "two friends" are the other two arbitrators selected. I called them "his friends" because I couldn't remember their names. Eischen will be the mediator as well.

Re. the FO's. Please don't misunderstand me. I meant there is going to be somebody at the bottom. Who and where they come from is well above my grade. I'm very glad I don't have to figure it out. I'm afraid of Pitchforks and Lanterns ..... and Clowns. Always the clowns.

Edited: because apparently I can't spell Eischen either.

Last edited:
DOH would make the bottom 300 FOs at WN the bottom of that 7000+ list.
Do you see a problem with that?

I think the snapshot list they are using to negotiate right now is from merger announcement. Are you referring to the hires after that? They are going to the bottom.

A problem. Not really. Lets see what DOH can do for you. It will open up a good chunk of upgrades for senior F/O's. While I think the seniority system is retarded it is airline standard. So if I have to pick people that get screwed it is the first year F/O over the 10 year F/O.

I like the idea that we would get a 300 pilot cushion. SWA furloughs ten percent I don't think 300 will save anybody.

I see your points. They are solid. If you really feel that DOH is completely out of the question then it goes to arbitration. Nobody knows what will happen in arbitration. McDonalds most likely thought the coffee case was stupid.

Arbitration: Staple will not happen. If you take that outcome off the table I really like my odds. I guess you could get the arbitrator to staple us to the bottom of your list except for your most junior F/O.

Who's Eichen and his friends?

Do you really think that FOs at AT will get a 300 pilot cushion after being bought?

Oh yeah just out or curiosity how many pilots should cushion that 300? Should our bottom 300 go below them? Maybe our bottom 100? Remember you don't have to argue this to me you have to argue it to an arbitrator who doesn't fly airplanes.

"Finally sir our bottom 300 deserve a one half or 150 pilot cushion because we are Southwest and are 50% better than all other airlines."

I guess come out guns blazing. He can only say "no"... but I think you only get one proposal are you sure that is the one you want to go with. If it is I think we got a shot at relative.

If you really feel that DOH is completely out of the question then it goes to arbitration.

So according to your point of view, DOH is a worst case scenario. I'll just refrain from any SLI talk, and keep it at that.

I could forsee you being wrong on the relative-ish outcome, As long as pay protection schemes are employed. Guarantee pay protection for all SWA guys and you could place the 1700 new hires below Jim Rice for all I care.

I really don't think the operations would be merged if that scenerio plays out. Way too many pissed of pilots to make things work like they do at SW.

Ha.

AAI pilots were thoroughly pissed, with good reason, from 2007-2010. Look at the performance numbers. You'd never know it.

So according to your point of view, DOH is a worst case scenario. I'll just refrain from any SLI talk, and keep it at that.

Of course you will. You guys come on here and talk smack. I have only read one person on your side who pitched an idea. I'm guessing you don't know what you want but it better be better than DOH, not relative, etc...

Sack up at least I tossed out an idea. This message board is the only chance we have to speak openly with eachother. The idea of us speaking openly is so scary that our union forbids it.

So please, by all means, tell us what you are thinking.

DOH is not my worst case. I tried to think of what you guys are so upset about. I understand that you didn't want GK to buy us. I understand that you haven't had upgrades in a long time. I understand that your contract is the howitzer to our sling shot. I understand you have culture.

So I think to myself... "what do you give the person who has everything?" I came up with Captain slots via DOH. I see you want more... well I don't know how to tell you this... it's all we got.

Latest resources

Back