• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back a few years, I think its kinda funny how AT offered ATA Pref. Interviews in their offer to buy ATA's assets. These were for "Jobs" within the company. Not flying jobs, mind you.

Back a few years, I think its kinda funny how AT offered ATA Pref. Interviews in their offer to buy ATA's assets. These were for "Jobs" within the company. Not flying jobs, mind you.

SWA is not buying bankrupt assets. Big difference even if you refuse to see it.

I was pointing out "how well" you guys tried to take care of the ATA guys. Nothing more.

AirTran never promised ata anything. Swa is the one that told mayor daily no jobs would be lost in Chicago. Swa did offer some interviews to ata but hired very few pilots. AirTran hired more ata pilots than any other airline. You are right that swa didn't buy ata. What they did do was put a swa guy in charge of ata and then slowly put them out of business.

they put themselves out of business.

AirTran never promised ata anything. Swa is the one that told mayor daily no jobs would be lost in Chicago. Swa did offer some interviews to ata but hired very few pilots. AirTran hired more ata pilots than any other airline. You are right that swa didn't buy ata. What they did do was put a swa guy in charge of ata and then slowly put them out of business.

Very interesting.

Latest resources

Back