• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you're telling me that if Delta bought Virgin America that relative seniority would be the way to go?

Southwest and Airtran is NOT an apples to apples comparison. It's not about the size of the jet, it's about the ENTIRETY of the companies/contracts as a whole.

Gup

Why do you Southwest dudes continue to debate with individuals with no say in this matter? Who are you trying to convince?

So you're telling me that if Delta bought Virgin America that relative seniority would be the way to go?

Southwest and Airtran is NOT an apples to apples comparison. It's not about the size of the jet, it's about the ENTIRETY of the companies/contracts as a whole.

Gup

What if Delta never went bankrupt or took 40% paycuts and lost retirement, but the NWA guys mergered after exiting bankruptcy making 40% less than Delta. What would have happened overthere... u think anything much different?

Gup, your alright in my book man.

Yes it would. Just like if SW approved a new contract tomorrow with a 40% payraise. Wouldn't we go into arbitration with the new 40% increase on the table, or would we go in with the date of public announcement numbers?

What if Delta never went bankrupt or took 40% paycuts and lost retirement, but the NWA guys mergered after exiting bankruptcy making 40% less than Delta. What would have happened overthere... u think anything much different?

Gup, your alright in my book man.

Delta/nwa did not go relative. It was based on ratios. Delta tried to use the pay argument. They tried to have the nwa 9 Capts in the same cat as delta international 75 Fo. The arbitrator did not agree.
As far as what would have happened if things were different. Who cares!

Delta/nwa did not go relative. It was based on ratios. Delta tried to use the pay argument. They tried to have the nwa 9 Capts in the same cat as delta international 75 Fo. The arbitrator did not agree.
As far as what would have happened if things were different. Who cares!

The 3 stooges from Delta that have to input everything about our situation says they had a negotiated decision, did it go to arbitration? Just trying to keep track
KBB

Who cares is right, time moves on. There will be a solution for these two groups and life will continue.

Exactly, past precedent means nothing with these things right now...Everyone of them has been different, if the same arbitrator did all of them I would tell you that you may be able to predict the outcome...

I'm ready to move on!
KBB

The 3 stooges from Delta that have to input everything about our situation says they had a negotiated decision, did it go to arbitration? Just trying to keep track
KBB

You mean the 1 stooge? At least 2 of them are the same guy, and he's not even a Delta pilot...... His dad might be one though!

Unless this counts:

http://www.deltava.org/

He got turned down by this one:

http://www.virtualswa.com/

He's real bitter about it.....

Last edited:
We had a Frontier guy on our jumpseat recently. He had their IMSL on his Ipad. There was a Republic guy who was born in 1987, one number above a Frontier guy who was hired in 1987.

It was pretty appalling. I think we can agree on that.

Dicko,

Your close. Though, the F9 guy misquoted their award.

Top 962 spots: 650 RAH:312 F9 CA (starting with RAH, roughly 2 RAH, then 1 F9 CA)
Next 1155 spots: 700 RAH : 334 F9 FOs : 121 YX pilots (again starting with RAH, roughly 4:2:1 pilots, very rough public math; but note, these YX guys are currently furloughed & who knows if they'll ever go to RAH as a relatively junior, much older FO)

This is where the birth date / hired date is found. There is a RAH FO who was born about the same time a YX Captain was hired at YX.

If you have the award, IMSL #1001 was born Oct '78 (RAH CA), while #1002 was hired at YX in Dec '78. The YX guy could come back as a RAH CA, but he's old enough for SS & I'm not sure he'll be young enough when he CAN bid back (any RAH guys have a better opinion/SLI interpretation?). Also, this YX guy is towards the top of the F9 FOs. I think he couldn't bid the bus for at least another 7 years (fence), then behind the other 700 more senior RAH CAs / F9 FOs get a crack at it.

So, the point is moot, he's probably off enjoying life (hopefully)!

Dicko,

Your close. Though, the F9 guy misquoted their award.

Top 962 spots: 650 RAH:312 F9 CA (starting with RAH, roughly 2 RAH, then 1 F9 CA)
Next 1155 spots: 700 RAH : 334 F9 FOs : 121 YX pilots (again starting with RAH, roughly 4:2:1 pilots, very rough public math; but note, these YX guys are currently furloughed & who knows if they'll ever go to RAH as a relatively junior, much older FO)

This is where the birth date / hired date is found. There is a RAH FO who was born about the same time a YX Captain was hired at YX.

If you have the award, IMSL #1001 was born Oct '78 (RAH CA), while #1002 was hired at YX in Dec '78. The YX guy could come back as a RAH CA, but he's old enough for SS & I'm not sure he'll be young enough when he CAN bid back (any RAH guys have a better opinion/SLI interpretation?). Also, this YX guy is towards the top of the F9 FOs. I think he couldn't bid the bus for at least another 7 years (fence), then behind the other 700 more senior RAH CAs / F9 FOs get a crack at it.

So, the point is moot, he's probably off enjoying life (hopefully)!

Thanks. Glad to hear I wasn't completely losing it. My mistake

You're right. He did say it was a Midwest guy and a Republic guy. The fate of the Midwest guys is sickening. We've got many of them at AirTran. All of them are solid. They are a great pilot group who were screwed by the ego or their CEO (Mr Save my cookies)

Latest resources

Back