• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt, it isn't "rhetoric" that motivates my posts, but a genuine concern for those caught in a "sticky" situation. Yes, I also read those posts made by a few of the NJ pilots, but saw no mention of it being an official union position. I took it as their own personal opinion and have heard opinions to the contrary also expressed by the pilots. I think my confusion and concern for other pilots/families is understandable. That the mere mention of the possibility elicits such emotional responses, underscores my point that it is, indeed, a stressful situation for all involved. It was my hope that an open-minded discussion might yield ideas of how to handle the problem should it arise.

No, I don't expect "EVERYBODY in the ENTIRE aviation industry" to be interested. I did click on the FRACTIONAL section of the board :)

netjetwife said:
Your lack of interest, Ace, is keeping you from seeing my point. Just because YOU "don't care" doesn't mean that others will be as nonchalant when faced with having to make that choice. I am suggesting that it is unsafe to fly if your mind isn't on the job because of the stress of the situation. One doesn't have to only be physically sick to be DNIF. (Although, there are many times that stress causes physical illness). Those who do CARE are already worried. To admit that you're "stressed out" is not lying. Recognizing that your mind isn't on the job is the safe and honest thing to do. Naturally, those who don't care would not be disturbed by the situation and SHOULD NOT ask to be excused from flying.

Does your husband realize how ridiculous your posts are??? "Stressed out," are you serious ? The rest of the aviation community isn't going to lose any sleep over a NetJet's strike or even flying a Part 135 sell-off trip either. You're nuts and I can't believe your husband even has you involved. If my wife was this wrapped around the axle about my job I'd be ashamed. This is obviously too much for your family to handle. I've been at a job that was so miserable it affected my family life and guess what, I LEFT IT AND MOVED ON !!! Life's too short. I really mean this, no joke ... This is a really sick situation for you and your family should move on.

This is a d(^m labor dispute, not some noble epic struggle between the forces of good and evil that will be documented in any history book...

I take it as my responsibilty to make sure my wife and family don't have to worry about these things. I know looking back that my dad had some really bad times professionally, but he did something about it and we never knew anything of it until long after it was over. This mam is the true definition of class, dealing with your own problems and never taking any credit for good deeds done.

I think I've moved beyond thinking of you as ignorant and just feel sorry for you...

Last edited:
A lot of the Japanese pilots who attacked Pearl Harbor also felt they were in control and would really show the US who was in charge. That is the fog of war, and the fog of this strike will prove to be just as confusing. It is not about what you deserve as much as your feel you deserve it. It is about return on investment for the shareholders. If something can be reached that protects the shareholders then it could be a done deal. If not then the most profitable solution for the shareholders might be selling off assets. As stated before this could be very interesting. If enough pilots voted with their feet, the company might get the picture.

and when 5 weeks pass, we may find that we are in a recess, not a release.

Plans are being made for that contingency also. The key is to not set an unrealistic timeline in your mind. It is what it is and we'll deal with each day as it comes.

netjetwife said:
FracCapt, it isn't "rhetoric" that motivates my posts, but a genuine concern for those caught in a "sticky" situation. Yes, I also read those posts made by a few of the NJ pilots, but saw no mention of it being an official union position. I took it as their own personal opinion and have heard opinions to the contrary also expressed by the pilots. I think my confusion and concern for other pilots/families is understandable. That the mere mention of the possibility elicits such emotional responses, underscores my point that it is, indeed, a stressful situation for all involved. It was my hope that an open-minded discussion might yield ideas of how to handle the problem should it arise.

No, I don't expect "EVERYBODY in the ENTIRE aviation industry" to be interested. I did click on the FRACTIONAL section of the board :)

I guess you're not ever going to answer my questions to you and your husband. Specifically, would he lie to further his or someone else's cause. Simple question.

Ace

Contract or bust!

semperfido said:
....the next 5 weeks are going to go by painfully slow :)

It already is. Lots of 100K plus jobs out here in TEB. I work less than 15 days per month. I also hear there are several openings in BOS, VNY and BUR.

These 'good' 135 and 91 jobs are NOT that rare. They are not unstable and you are NOT on call 24/7.

Just sayin', you do have alternatives, but you already know that. If you plan to stick it out, I suggest that you be willing to stay even if you don't get your 'new deal'.

Ace

No, Ace, it's not a simple question. My husband made a passing comment. Was it wishful thinking? Was it based on the belief that some jobs allow workers to use "sick" days for personal reasons, rather than be penalized for their good health? I don't know. I didn't think at the time that I needed to pin him down on it. My viewpoint of the situation as stressful is my own, based on what I've read. I can recognize that many of the pilots DO hold deep beliefs about the obligation of not crossing the line.

Those who know us have no reason to doubt our integrity. This, like many other aspects of the NJ contract dispute, is a "wait and see" situation. Naturally, it is one that we hope to avoid.

In this country the people that make the most money are those that generally make jobs for other people -

Not the people who work for them.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
It already is. Lots of 100K plus jobs out here in TEB. I work less than 15 days per month. I also hear there are several openings in BOS, VNY and BUR.

These 'good' 135 and 91 jobs are NOT that rare. They are not unstable and you are NOT on call 24/7.

Just sayin', you do have alternatives, but you already know that. If you plan to stick it out, I suggest that you be willing to stay even if you don't get your 'new deal'.

Ace

Very true.

I know for many, including myself, we are holding out hopes of a retro check and then we will leave. Regardless of the final contract there will be many, many pilots leaving. A bad contract will simply cause a mass exodus. Job or no job many will simply quit.

If not then the most profitable solution for the shareholders might be selling off assets.

If NJA refuses to make the company a career job then I hope you comment does come to fruition. We have enough lousy companies out there and NetJets in the long run will cause substantial damage to corporate aviation. Preventing NetJets from ruining corporate aviation will certainly be a cause many will get behind.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back