Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dsptchrNJA said:
If you were a NetJets employee, you would know where to look.

OK... It's in internal communications..... thanks

dsptchrNJA said:
Are you suggesting the yearly increase in MM fees will cover what you are asking?

No COLA since 98? What do you call 10% raise each year if it does not cover COLA.

hmmm... a 5 year Citation X in 2005 earns EXACTLY the same as a 5 year Ultra Captain did in 1998 ..... errr..... maybe I'm just simple - but it would seem to me that since there is no new contract - the pay scales have not changed ...

OK,

I'll type slowly and use small words so you can follow along. A longevity raise is not a COLA. A COLA is there to ensure that a person at the same year of service has the same buying power regardless of when he acheives that year of service. NetJets has paid for greater experience & productivity through it's longevity increases built into the existing CBA. It has not, however, paid one dime in COLA to pilots since 1998.

A Captain today in his 5th year of service has suffered a considerable decrease in his buying power compared to a 5th year Captain in 1998 when this contract was implemented. Prior to talking about any "raises" for the pilots, that loss of buying power has to be addressed. The latest "offer" from the company hasn't even come close.

Hello, we all work for instanely rich people, who spend more money on their cars then most of make a year. (I won't even start mentioning vac homes, yachts, parties, shoes, etc.)

Can't we all get along?

ozpilot said:
Well said Grizz - rule #1 of warfare - know your enemy ...

Are you serious? Enemy? Warfare?

Grizz and I (presumably of course) have been on the same team for years. Are you trying to cause division?

Who exactly do you think your enemy is? If you think its the guy who has nothing to do after work other than sit around on the computer during commercial breaks then your simply dilusional.

Don't you think RTS and BB having better things to do than get right on the message board after a hard long day to see how their faring in the world of public opinion?

Sometimes the pilots are their own worst enemy. They haven't won much support in most of these threads with some of the slander and even threats.

(not you personally)

Last edited:
Fact is I my be PI$$ off right now at the state things - and may be venting a bit here

BUT

Fact is we are STILL on the same team. These guys may flame the hell out of me but they may be just venting too.

Warfare my A$$

I've got to correct a couple of numbers. I was looking on my spreadsheet at what numbers I have as my personal mins - that's at least COLA plus a 25% raise for the company types reading the board. It's late and I'm on pain meds. So sue me.

Straight COLA -

A 5th year Captain in 1998 earned $60,982 a year before overtime. I'm going to add in $5000 in annual overtime. That's about 5 hours per tour which is definitely on the low side for an estimate. If we did nothing but apply a COLA equal to the percentage increases in the monthly management fees charged to owners, a 5th year Captain would be making $83,750 now.

Assuming a 7&7 schedule and no overtime that meant his daily rate would be right at $460 a day. Working 219 days on the 6 & 4, he should earn $100,740.

The last offer on the table had no overtime and pilots would pay for their own medical. They'd lose 4 vacation days per year and the flexability to bid a rotating schedule. They'd have absolutely no scope protection whatsoever. Yeah, that'll go over well with this pilot group.

Unless and until NetJets management starts to put a priority on taking care of it's single largest customer service group, their business will continue to erode.

MalteseX said:
Additionally, there seems to be quite a bit of emotion from those who aren't directly involved.

How would you conclude we are not directly involved when our livlihood is at risk? Unlike pilots, the choice is made for me. Pretty easy for you to say who has no vested interest at stake.

One last time everyone..........

Owners To Do List
1. Have Jeeves wash the Bentley
2. Call Netjets and schedule flight to TNCM tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back