Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sun Tzu said:
Should we just take what is offered and be thankfull we get to fly shiny little jets for America's elite.

Yes. You already chose to do it once.

That's what the rest of the non-union world does. (I know, I know, your entitled)

Otherwise, I thought you had objectivity in your post. I can tell you I understand your point of view.

Sorry, that quote came from the clown and I'll still face anyone who believes we are/were the the greedy sob's that killed NJA. Fish rot from the head. Not unlike big corporations.

Last edited:
dsptchrNJA said:
Let me see if I understand your philosophy. Anyone who agrees with you is entitled to be a professional. Talk about true colors.
Where exactly did I state only those who agree with me are "entitled to be a professional"?

That's what the rest of the non-union world does. (I know, I know, your entitled)
Still waiting for some objectivity from your posts. You believe the rest of the non-union world just takes what is handed to them without any negotiating? Ok, I no longer believe you are management. Never said anything about being a "Mole" either. I DAM sure never said anything about being "ENTITLED"!

Our union is anything but helpless. We are not looking for sympathy or a hand-out either. I'm sorry to hear you have no desire to educate yourself on the state of negotiations. There are two sides to every story, and the one you are reading on the crewops webiste is not even half accurate.

As your professional counterpart alluded to, you dispatch A/C not pilots. We are all replaceable. If I were you, I would be worried too.

Last edited:
As I have said before, and not to flame, a $70K-$90K/yr job is better than no job. Going on strike is like going to war. There is fog of war that dissolves all plans in the chaos of battle. Not all battles or strikes are successful. The outcome could be far different than anyone on either side has planned for; you guys are going where no man has gone before. Striking against rich people will be interesting to watch.

As I have said before, and not to flame, a $70K-$90K/yr job is better than no job.
OK, how would you suggest we go about getting $70-90K/year? Management is not offering that and seems intent on moving backwards from the $27-50K/year the majority of pilots are making now. There are plenty of jobs out there that already pay this.

Earnings improved in 2004' to $191 million. Substantially higher than the $72 million in 2003' for Flight Services. Even after subsidising all other non-union companies to include Netjets Europe. Straight from the Berkshire Hathaway annual report.

My vote will be YES too.

pilotyip said:
As I have said before, and not to flame, a $70K-$90K/yr job is better than no job. Going on strike is like going to war. There is fog of war that dissolves all plans in the chaos of battle. Not all battles or strikes are successful. The outcome could be far different than anyone on either side has planned for; you guys are going where no man has gone before. Striking against rich people will be interesting to watch.

70-90k is a year end bonus it's not a job. Thank you for reminding my why I'm leaving this industry after I get retro. Sir, it's alright to like your job and get paid a respectable wage.

Latest resources

Back