• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Lejet55. Without a good contract, many will leave. But it is a job where working conditions and wages are negotiated so it only makes sense for the pilots to try to make the job they enjoy one they can afford to stay at.

netjetwife said:
FracCapt, it isn't "rhetoric" that motivates my posts, but a genuine concern for those caught in a "sticky" situation.
It was my hope that an open-minded discussion might yield ideas of how to handle the problem should it arise.

It's obvious you're looking out for nobody but yourself and your family. Which is what those that you are asking to support you at the risk of their livelihoods will do....look out for themselves and their family.

netjetwife said:
No, I don't expect "EVERYBODY in the ENTIRE aviation industry" to be interested. I did click on the FRACTIONAL section of the board :)

But earlier you posted....

netjetwife said:
And before flaming me, you guys should realize that my post is based on a belief that a strike by NJ pilots would be very short-lived and I'd hate to see you wind up with the label (I'm not sure WHO'S right in their assertions) if it turns out that the NJ pilots ARE right. So yes, I AM asking for your support and also hoping that you will all elect to be "safe rather than sorry".

So...was that not directed at people OUTSIDE of fractional aviation? 135 pilots are not part of fractional aviation....yet, you are telling them that they should call in sick because they are stressed about the fact that some guys say they will be called a scab if they do ANY charter trips for NJA.

Sorry, you're case isn't getting any better.

Happy Mothers Day

I would love to see how our owners would respond to the variations in service they would get. I'm not saying that the vendors are unsafe, I'm just saying that the type of service is going to vary from one vendor to another. Considering that we fly some of the riches people in the world I wonder how they are going to respond to these non-standard practices.

Might THEY feel there is a compromise in safety? The owners don't know any better, they are used to the way NetJets pilots did things. After all, NetJets prides itself on the standardization of its crews and standardization equates to safety.. Hey, I'm not making this up...this is what the sales people tell the owners. Now they are telling the owners that non-standardization is OK.

Many of our owners will not accept vendor flights because they feel they paid for NetJets pilots and that's what they want. Heck, its their money.

DO-82 driver said:
I would love to see how our owners would respond to the variations in service they would get. I'm not saying that the vendors are unsafe, I'm just saying that the type of service is going to vary from one vendor to another. Considering that we fly some of the riches people in the world I wonder how they are going to respond to these non-standard practices.

Might THEY feel there is a compromise in safety? The owners don't know any better, they are used to the way NetJets pilots did things. After all, NetJets prides itself on the standardization of its crews and standardization equates to safety.. Hey, I'm not making this up...this is what the sales people tell the owners. Now they are telling the owners that non-standardization is OK.

Many of our owners will not accept vendor flights because they feel they paid for NetJets pilots and that's what they want. Heck, its their money.

probably all true....i wonder what Imus (g4) thinks? he is a huge promoter of net jets. along with Bo (citation 10). they always go on and on ad infinitum about how great it is. santooooli is probably paying them a pretty penny :)

Last edited:
DO-82 driver said:
I would love to see how our owners would respond to the variations in service they would get. I'm not saying that the vendors are unsafe, I'm just saying that the type of service is going to vary from one vendor to another. Considering that we fly some of the riches people in the world I wonder how they are going to respond to these non-standard practices. Might THEY feel there is a compromise in safety? The owners don't know any better, they are used to the way NetJets pilots did things. After all, NetJets prides itself on the standardization of its crews and standardization equates to safety.. Hey, I'm not making this up...this is what the sales people tell the owners. Now they are telling the owners that non-standardization is OK. Many of our owners will not accept vendor flights because they feel they paid for NetJets pilots and that's what they want. Heck, its their money.

I'm sure it will go over like a fart in church ... I'd like to know the details of the owner's agreements. What recourse do they have anyway ?

I don't know what recourse they have but a number of the owners I flew last week were insistant that "yellow ties" be up front.

I thanked them for their support....I did not answer any other questions they had...I just referred them to the web site.

Playing by the book.

Semperfido-
...the next 5 weeks are going to go by painfully slow

Diesel-
awww man here come the corporate pilots chiming in explaining to us how the world is.

STMFD.

It is becoming more and more obvious that there was NEVER any intent to negotiate a contract. Like I said you make your offer (read demand) and put a gun to the companies head with the threat of strike.

“STMFD”

That wouldn't be SHUT THE MOTHER *UCKER DOWN would it? I would guess those words are straight form the SU leadership huh? I see the intent to “negotiate” from its members.

I cant see ANY company willing or able to double a workforce of over 2000+ pay and still be “stable”. 150 dollar quarts of oil or not. No shell game can make up for the multi-millions you are demanding.

This is about vengeance. Plain and simple.

I-R-DXR said:
Semperfido-

Diesel-

It is becoming more and more obvious that there was NEVER any intent to negotiate a contract. Like I said you make your offer (read demand) and put a gun to the companies head with the threat of strike.

“STMFD”

That wouldn't be SHUT THE MOTHER *UCKER DOWN would it? I would guess those words are straight form the SU leadership huh? I see the intent to “negotiate” from its members.

I cant see ANY company willing or able to double a workforce of over 2000+ pay and still be “stable”. 150 dollar quarts of oil or not. No shell game can make up for the multi-millions you are demanding.

I-R-DXR said:
God help the people trusting you to send them safely to their next destination. Your myopic view of what the company is spewing can't help but slant what you do at work. The shell game is clear, who gets hurt, the owner. They are being hurt now, without any work action. By the pathetic excuse for management you keep touting as your savior.
Netjets has failed to manage the owners money in their best interest. They make excuses and blame everyone, you, me and our owners.

Lets clear a couple of things up I R DXR,

SU hasn't encouraged the use of the term STMFD as far as I know. What they have done is methodically prepared us for that eventuality.

Where are you getting this vengence BS from? SU is/has done in six months what the former MEC (who, with an accommodating company, got us into this mess) should have done 3 1/2 years ago.

I know you said you have read the propoganda from the "Death Star" and the Union. You should be able to read between the lines. I can say that so far this MEC has been a straight shooter. I am going to hold them to that level of expectation.

On another note:

GRIZZ: would it be appropriate to post a reply off the SU board from brother G that explained why we left this counter proposal on the table?

x402 said:
I-R-DXR said:
Semperfido-

Diesel-

“STMFD”

I-R-DXR said:
God help the people trusting you to send them safely to their next destination. Your myopic view of what the company is spewing can't help but slant what you do at work. The shell game is clear, who gets hurt, the owner. They are being hurt now, without any work action. By the pathetic excuse for management you keep touting as your savior.
Netjets has failed to manage the owners money in their best interest. They make excuses and blame everyone, you, me and our owners.

I don't let this effect my work - I can assume it does not with you either.

But just how would those owners respond when you tell them "Shut the mother *ucker down"

By the pathetic excuse for management you keep touting as your savior.

Funny I don't remember EVER talking on behalf of the company See below. Nor have I taken the companies propaganda to heart.
You tell me who to believe:

We are negotiating with the companies and owners best interest at stake

or

STMFD

Hummmmm

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back