• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I'm a bit confused. I work for a strictly part 91 company. Our principals have an 1/8 share of a NutJets Citation X. If they go on strike and I fly my boss, am I a scab? :rolleyes:

We had a NutJets G-200 pilot at the hangar the other day dropping off resumes looking for contract work during his 2 weeks a month off. I should have told him we'd use him - and pay him $50 a day. He probably wouldn't have understood and agreed to it, though.

Last edited:
Darn right you are. In fact, you are a scab just by virtue of your posting of that picture of Brett Hull during the NHL lockout. So what you do or don't do with regards to your "principals" and their 1/8 share is moot.;)

Dang it! I guess i'm on "the list". I played hockey last night, too. I guess I'm on the list twice.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
OK, listen up all you 135 operators:
I think at this point you should do EXACTLY what NetJets union wants you to. Go to your company and suggest that they don’t take any NetJets sell-offs during a strike. Explain to your company that, long term, this is what is best for the 135 industry. If no one flies NetJets pax, some (or many) will sell, not renew, etc. GOOD FOR THE 135 WORLD. Believe me, they aint going back to airlining.

I find all this entertaining also, however, the rapid fire posts from the non-fractional guys is making us seem like a bunch of pansies. Leave it be. Let them flounder. It’s perfect!

Ace
Sounds like a prefect plan to me ACE.

Ace-of-the-Base said:
OK, listen up all you 135 operators:
I think at this point you should do EXACTLY what NetJets union wants you to. Go to your company and suggest that they don’t take any NetJets sell-offs during a strike. Explain to your company that, long term, this is what is best for the 135 industry. If no one flies NetJets pax, some (or many) will sell, not renew, etc. GOOD FOR THE 135 WORLD. Believe me, they aint going back to airlining.

I find all this entertaining also, however, the rapid fire posts from the non-fractional guys is making us seem like a bunch of pansies. Leave it be. Let them flounder. It’s perfect!

Ace

Someone on this thread finally used their head for something other than a hat rack! I've said before that I won't personally consider 135 guys going to their planes and doing their jobs scabs. That said, if you guys really don't care about our union or scablist, why so many venomous posts?

If we (NetJets pilots) have been "scabbing the industry for years," and NetJets resulted in the loss of your lucrative corporate/charter jobs, then the best thing you could do is support our strike by not flying NetJets selloffs. If NetJets can't get anyone to fly our pax, NetJets will shut down. This will then result in more corporate and charter jobs. Those pax will need to fly somewhere once NetJets is gone, right?

Ultra Grump said:
Someone on this thread finally used their head for something other than a hat rack! I've said before that I won't personally consider 135 guys going to their planes and doing their jobs scabs. That said, if you guys really don't care about our union or scablist, why so many venomous posts?

If we (NetJets pilots) have been "scabbing the industry for years," and NetJets resulted in the loss of your lucrative corporate/charter jobs, then the best thing you could do is support our strike by not flying NetJets selloffs. If NetJets can't get anyone to fly our pax, NetJets will shut down. This will then result in more corporate and charter jobs. Those pax will need to fly somewhere once NetJets is gone, right?

Exactly. Everyone is getting misplaced anger. Your (our) fight is not with the employees of NetJets, it's with the predatory tactics of the corporation. I say kill two birds with one stone: support your fellow pilots, while sticking it to the ones who tried to screw you out of a job (if you feel the need). Sometimes we get so wound up in the fight, we forget who we're fighting.

Now that being said, some of the NetJets guys are a little too quick to sell their 'brothers' down the road. Really selfish if you ask me. I hope they're not speaking for all of you (I know they're not speaking for Diesel).

Ace

fracstar said:
Maybe I am wrong, a vacation equals 7 off, 7 on, 7 off which equals 21. If you have 3 vacations per year that equals 63. Each vacation is 21 days long.

Put down the pipe.

Latest resources

Back