• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I loved the 7n7 i'm on the 17 day now and it just sucks. Ahhh another 2 day turn greeeat.

The companies offer in the last week has been the most disgusting proposal i've ever seen. It shows that they truely don't believe we have any value in the company. This is just compounded more by the fact that they offer tuition reimbursement to everyone except the pilots.

This place has truely shown it's colors. They better be ready for an interesting ride.

Diesel said:
I loved the 7n7 i'm on the 17 day now and it just sucks. Ahhh another 2 day turn greeeat.

The companies offer in the last week has been the most disgusting proposal i've ever seen. It shows that they truely don't believe we have any value in the company. This is just compounded more by the fact that they offer tuition reimbursement to everyone except the pilots.

This place has truely shown it's colors. They better be ready for an interesting ride.

I am not trying to tick you off and you are right, things like tuition reimbursement for everyone else is ridiculous. I'm just curious what you want.

h25b said:
Well sir, obviously you've been sleeping through your own union's rhetoric because against the wishes of everyone else not to be involved you've all been doing a pretty good job of doing exactly that. First, with the single carrier lawsuit, second with the scab-listing threat for the 135 guys, and then with all of this "less-safe, less-trained, less-productive" garbage. Like I've said a thousand times, you keep double talking. Diesel says one place that he loves the schedule and then complains about it when arguing for the money. You point to the rest of the industry wanting the compensation they have, and then you go insult them all by threatening them and calling them less-safe, less-trained, etc...

I'll take these point by point. The single carrier thing is a matter of law. Simplified way down, the law states that a company can't operate a non-union operation doing the same job in a union shop. They've been doing it for years and our leadership just never had the guts to challenge it. That has changed. We'll let the courts decide whether or not the case has merit. We feel it does. If the company feels it does, they will probably negotiate the transition in this contract to make it as painless as possible on all parties.

I've not seen the "scab-list" threat on here from any credible source. I know most of the NetJets pilots screen names on here. I know ALL screen names of the leadership that gets on here. Not one of them has ever mentioned anything about putting 135 guys on any list. I'm on the weekly leadership calls with the union. It's never been brought up there either. Some nameless, faceless rant on this board doesn't count. You getting your panties in a wad over it was exactly what that poster wanted to happen. Ever think it might have been a company stooge trying to make us look bad? Get over it - it isn't an issue. We don't have any plans to go after 135 guys doing their jobs.

The "best-trained pilots" is simply using the company's propaganda against them. It's called negotiations. They use that idea to sell planes. We'll use it to demand better wages.

Now that I've gone over all this with you, you really have no reason to keep rehashing it. I'm pretty sure you're going to do it anyway. You have nothing better to do with your time than get on here and post about something that doesn't effect you one way or the other. I'm here because I have a pretty big stake in the outcome and because I'm bored after many months sitting around my house with a back healing from surgery. What's your excuse?

What we want is 6S.

There are guys here that blew out there frigging back working here. I mean holy crap they have to have operations to fix all the hard work they put into this company.

Now the company comes at us with a regressive pay and benefits package. I don't think so.

Oh and i"m not mad just very dissapointed. This company was built on the backs of the pilots and now it's time we get what we worked for.

Grizz said:
I've not seen the "scab-list" threat on here from any credible source. I know most of the NetJets pilots screen names on here. I know ALL screen names of the leadership that gets on here. Not one of them has ever mentioned anything about putting 135 guys on any list. I'm on the weekly leadership calls with the union. It's never been brought up there either. Some nameless, faceless rant on this board doesn't count. You getting your panties in a wad over it was exactly what that poster wanted to happen. Ever think it might have been a company stooge trying to make us look bad? Get over it - it isn't an issue. We don't have any plans to go after 135 guys doing their jobs.

Ah, good, just what I thought... This proves netjetwife is full of s&^t...

Thanks... I am serious, you're the first person I think I've seen to come out and definitively clear the 135 scab-list thing up. As for the "less-safe", "less-trained", etc... Still out of bounds in my book because your web-site doesn't clarify who the original source was (management) to the readers...

about tuition reimbursement-

Dont the pilots get paid training? Arent you also paid for the time you spend in training?

How is that different from paid tuition when they pay for courses related to your job and you have to take them on your own time?

h25b look at my post a couple of pages earlier about 135 guys. there is no way they are going to be called scabs. I'm not going to want my buddies get in trouble for MY fight not theirs.

facfriend- i'm talking about taking college courses.

FAcFriend said:
about tuition reimbursement-

Dont the pilots get paid training? Arent you also paid for the time you spend in training?

How is that different from paid tuition when they pay for courses related to your job and you have to take them on your own time?

my last employer paid for my masters degree --it is fairly common among good Co. :)

H25b... Congratulations... You have succesfully annoyed me to the posting point. Please go away, you aren't wanted here. And no, I am not a NJ pilot. I do support the NJ pilots and applaud their efforts to earn a wage that allows them to own a home. Now without disrespect h25b, "look, but don't touch" that keyboard. Thanks.

Rubber Ducky said:
H25b... Congratulations... You have succesfully annoyed me to the posting point. Please go away, you aren't wanted here. And no, I am not a NJ pilot. I do support the NJ pilots and applaud their efforts to earn a wage that allows them to own a home. Now without disrespect h25b, "look, but don't touch" that keyboard. Thanks.

Oh darn ... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back