• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike in 09 at United is looking real

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys...Guys...Guys....OMG...OMG....<I'm out of breath>....PARIS IS OUT OF JAIL !!!!

Forget all this union stuff boys....

Remember she had a 45 day sentence reduced to 23 days.....and due to medical issues, has been taken out of jail....she will now be under house arrest for 40 days with an ankle bracelet !!!

How much you wanna bet that ankle bracelet will have some type of charms attached to it by this evening....?

See this stuff runs in 10 year cycles, wasn't the same thing being said in 1999. Hiring peaks in years ending in 8, hiring bottoms in years ending in 3

Peanut Gallery...please resign thank you. If you are so weak and can't take on these a$$holes and develop a sense of team with the other employees to fight these morons then you should leave. A strike is not the answer there are plenty of other answers out there. I personally will be here taking all the torpedos the ship can but I'll make damn sure that those jackoffs at 77 wacker (the United building) will be going down with it if that has to be the case. Besides it's 2007 relax.

The fight is brewing faster than ever before, 85 looks like a picnic compared to this impending storm.--->Fight all you want, but remember....you have a legal, binding contract that is amendable in 2009...note I used the word "amendable"....so it doesn't expire.

you better be willing to survive a strike in 09 of probably at least a 3-6 month duration. This place has become nothing more than a less than impressive paycheck--->A strike of 3-6 months will most certainly put UAL right back into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy....and maybe even chapter 7 Liquidation.....how many pilots you got willing to walk with you?...and do this bankruptcy thing again?

A strike of 3-6 weeks....maybe. 3-6 months...UAL is gone.

We need real leadership that can bring back the employees morale make UAL a place where we want to contribute--->Whats keeping you from stepping up to the plate?

tejas, this is a pilot board, stop dealing in reality.

The fight is brewing faster than ever before, 85 looks like a picnic compared to this impending storm.--->Fight all you want, but remember....you have a legal, binding contract that is amendable in 2009...note I used the word "amendable"....so it doesn't expire.

you better be willing to survive a strike in 09 of probably at least a 3-6 month duration. This place has become nothing more than a less than impressive paycheck--->A strike of 3-6 months will most certainly put UAL right back into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy....and maybe even chapter 7 Liquidation.....how many pilots you got willing to walk with you?...and do this bankruptcy thing again?

A strike of 3-6 weeks....maybe. 3-6 months...UAL is gone.

We need real leadership that can bring back the employees morale make UAL a place where we want to contribute--->Whats keeping you from stepping up to the plate?

Spoken like a true management tool. "Please, sir, may I have some more?" Please, keep paying me 50$ an hour, please take my retirement, please jack up my health care premium, please make me work 25 days a month, please make me buy all of my own uniforms (just let me wear a hat in the terminal and I'll be happy), please put me in crappy hotels, please make my life suck more. Just let me keep flying! I'll do whatever you want! Management is counting on you to feel that way.

No way in he** would I let my kids be pilots these days. As long as there's people out there willing to fly for peanuts, the industry will never get back to what it was. It's probably too late for those currently flying, but the least you can do is spare the next generation of kids from making the mistake of flying for a "major" airline. I would, however, encourage my kids to get degrees in accounting or business and work the management side - they'll be rich someday.

We need to get ourselves out of the collective bargaining mindset. We all have a contract we have to abide by so let's work on other things. AND let's get further outside the box than just retirement age, BTW.

We need the same retirement plan the railroad has. rrb.gov Our situation is so exactly like what brought about this program for rail it is amazing. I've talked to National and we came close to pushing for this about twenty years ago. ALPAs elite gave up on it then, and we'll have a hard time pushing it now because JP acts like a fool and doesn't care about anything but age 65. But, we'd do well to get JP's fat butt in gear and start working on something that could help us all, and this is a pretty good idea.

Read Art of War. (I promise your CEO has) The collective bargaining process is currently on what is called "death ground". That is where our mgts want it, and us, to stay. We have to get off of it. The books instructions for us to proceed is to "steal something precious to the enemy". Most precious to the "enemy" in this scenario is their ability to continue to deny and take from us financial increase and stability. If we somehow gain a retirement program backstop then we will have taken something most precious to them. Then collective bargaining can resume.

SOS. I know a lot of the carriers wouldn't participate (non-legacy and Delta) but enough is enough. TC

Enough is Enough? Wasn't that the slogan at the May 17 rally in DC? Oh yeah only 100 pilots showed up and most of them where active ALPA Officers and Committee Chairmen.

SOS.... yeah right.... non legacy and Delta won't particpate? You're kidding yourself... no one will particpate. The only thing it will do is cause terminations and representation overload for a bout 60 days. You can't even get guys to show up to a legal event with free lunch and T-Shirts....

You SOS guys really make me laugh. All bark and no bite.... and even your bark is a moniker....

Last edited:
Spoken like a true management tool. "Please, sir, may I have some more?" Please, keep paying me 50$ an hour, please take my retirement, please jack up my health care premium, please make me work 25 days a month, please make me buy all of my own uniforms (just let me wear a hat in the terminal and I'll be happy), please put me in crappy hotels, please make my life suck more. Just let me keep flying! I'll do whatever you want! Management is counting on you to feel that way.

No spoken like a pragmatic realist. If you want to conduct political and career suicide.. go right ahead. Stop watching the Matrix.

No way in he** would I let my kids be pilots these days. As long as there's people out there willing to fly for peanuts, the industry will never get back to what it was. It's probably too late for those currently flying, but the least you can do is spare the next generation of kids from making the mistake of flying for a "major" airline. I would, however, encourage my kids to get degrees in accounting or business and work the management side - they'll be rich someday.

So you want to fly to your next vacation with third world pilots flown into the the US for thier 5 day trip? If you don't start defending this profession it won't be a profession. It will be a illegal immigrant job.

Latest resources

Back