• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike in 09 at United is looking real

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, why couldn't a union do the same with those fines?

PIPE

Sure there are plenty of companies, airlines too, that have done this.

Now name a union.

You ask why couldn't a union do the same... ok...fine... tell us why couldn't a union do it?

tedious

If there were aircraft flown by low paid pilots falling out of the sky on a regular basis, maybe you could get folks to start looking at the qualifications of the pilots flying them around. Until then, it's all about the ticket price.

Bingo. We are a victim of our own safety record.

Sure there are plenty of companies, airlines too, that have done this.

Now name a union.

You ask why couldn't a union do the same... ok...fine... tell us why couldn't a union do it?

I don't see any reason not to.

Let UA strike without the unattainable government permission. Let the courts fine their MEC, National, or both. Reorganize the union in a BK court, dump the fines, press on.

Lets bring guns to the gunfight.

PIPE

Last edited:
I don't see any reason not to.

I understand that...but you have to convince us, me, them that it will work...

Consider that this country is designed for business not unionism. The laws favor one over the other... My kids can set up a lemonade stand and be in business. A teenager can buy a lawnmower and make cash all summer. Heck, I can buy a truck, trailer and landscape equipment and cash only and be in business...

It takes much more to start a union...

Let UA strike without the unattainable government permission. Let the courts fine their MEC, National, or both. Reorganize the union in a BK court, dump the fines, press on.

Everybody wants everyone to fall on their sword ...except themselves...

Lets bring guns to the gunfight.

No. you have to know when to bring a gun to a knife fight. In this case... they've got hand grenades and tanks...

I understand that...but you have to convince us, me, them that it will work...

Consider that this country is designed for business not unionism. The laws favor one over the other... My kids can set up a lemonade stand and be in business. A teenager can buy a lawnmower and make cash all summer. Heck, I can buy a truck, trailer and landscape equipment and cash only and be in business...

It takes much more to start a union...

Everybody wants everyone to fall on their sword ...except themselves...

No. you have to know when to bring a gun to a knife fight. In this case... they've got hand grenades and tanks...

I'll think about that when United deposits the wife's check next time. I hope she's not gonna be trying to borrow money from me if she falls on her sword.

PIPE

Flopgut said:
Participation for the sake of participation is going to get us nowhere. It is exactly what Prater wants us to do, while he sees to his own agenda.

Actually, it's the other way around. Prater is getting to do whatever he wants specifically because the membership doesn't participate. Just take a look at what's happened after the Age-65 debacle: absolutely nothing!!! No one has stood up to hold him accountable for his actions. No one has tried to hold the EC or EB responsible for their actions, either. You and the rest of the membership are allowing the leadership to do whatever they want to do because no one gets involved to stop them. It's time to take responsibility for your own career and stop blaming "the leadership."

Actually, it's the other way around. Prater is getting to do whatever he wants specifically because the membership doesn't participate. Just take a look at what's happened after the Age-65 debacle: absolutely nothing!!! No one has stood up to hold him accountable for his actions. No one has tried to hold the EC or EB responsible for their actions, either. You and the rest of the membership are allowing the leadership to do whatever they want to do because no one gets involved to stop them. It's time to take responsibility for your own career and stop blaming "the leadership."

Check your PMs.

Latest resources

Back