• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike in 09 at United is looking real

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, Rez, let's keep doing what we're doing. It's going SOOOO well.

This industry is a shambles and ALPA does NOTHING! There's a whole lot of people out there who could put that 1.98% (or whatever it is these days) to better use--like feeding their family!

That guy in your avatar would hop up out of the grave and thrash you and your Herndon pals for what's happened to his union... TC

Yeah, Rez, let's keep doing what we're doing. It's going SOOOO well.

Can't get past my own apathy...must blame leadership. If I look in the mirror then I must act. then I have to spend time and effort.... not ready to particpate in my career.. I'd rather complain about others then accpet responsbility... don't want to get off the union welfare tit....

This industry is a shambles and ALPA does NOTHING!

Yup..less than 100 pilots showed up. Care to address that? Or is it easier to blame someone else. All you do is whine and complain. I offer a solution of increased union member activism, but that requires effort on your part. Effort you are not willing to do... so you argue and debate.

Historically, it is clear.. the more voices the lauder the message. The more activism the more effective the political movement. But no.. not you... you want infighting... you want the blame game... you want hate.

You are like a kid. You'd rather argue 3x the energy to pick up your room than just picking up your room and enjoying the reward (allowance whatever...)

Guys like you are the reason why ALPA does nothing. You argue and argue and argue instead of just doing. The rules are easy to follow... it just takes hard work and effort. Effort you are not willing to put worth. You want the rewards but none of the responsibility.

There's a whole lot of people out there who could put that 1.98% (or whatever it is these days) to better use--like feeding their family!

Next time you leave your hotel room you look at the maid. She is feeding her family and paying union dues. Maybe you don't go to Ruth Chris but you can still go to Ruby Tuesdays.

That guy in your avatar would hop up out of the grave and thrash you and your Herndon pals for what's happened to his union... TC

You know nothing of him. You hardly speak for him or anyone else...

Maybe you don't go to Ruth Chris but you can still go to Ruby Tuesdays.

Maybe not Ruby Tuesdays but you can still go to In-'n-Out.

You don't need to live in the neighborhood with the BEST schools. Your kids will be ok.

You don't need to drive a Lexus. Be American, buy a Chevy (but a Malibu, not a Tahoe...).

Thanks, Rez, I guess I just value my experience and training WAY too highly. :rolleyes: TC

P.S.--I WILL comment on Bill Hopson's union because it would make him sick to see what's become of it. What would HE say about the Cocktail Weenies in ALPA? Just taking up space at Herndon does NOT automatically impart ANY of the qualities of those who founded ALPA.

P.S.--I WILL comment on Bill Hopson's union because it would make him sick to see what's become of it. What would HE say about the Cocktail Weenies in ALPA? Just taking up space at Herndon does NOT automatically impart ANY of the qualities of those who founded ALPA.

Bill Hopson was killed in 1928. There was no union till 1931, but you you knew that didn't you. Bill was never part of a union because it had yet to exist. But you knew that didn't you... just like you know your apathetic attitude is right. Just like you don't reply to the rest of my posts, because you know you can't defend apathy, the blame game, union welfare tit mentality and do-nothing ways.

This union will be useless until guys like you and others start getting involved...

Enough is Enough? Wasn't that the slogan at the May 17 rally in DC? Oh yeah only 100 pilots showed up and most of them where active ALPA Officers and Committee Chairmen.

100 pilots ??? That was all that bothered to show up? But yet there is a guy here talking strike 2 years before his contract is amendable. He just might find himself waking a picket line by himself judging by the turnout at the May 17 rally.

Another guy talking SOS? C'mon, you can't be serious.

"Taking it back"??? Seems the slogan should really be, "Nobody wants it back."

"Nobody wants it back"

Brought to you by the Know Nothings, Do Nothings and Whatevers... of the US Air Line Pilot Profession.

"Nobody wants it back"

Brought to you by the Know Nothings, Do Nothings and Whatevers... of the US Air Line Pilot Profession.

Yet you call Tejas a pragmatic realist for simply going along with whatever Management is willing to dole out to him. A guy starts this thread about how UAL pilots need to stand firm and fight for their pay and benefits and, once again, you snipe and pick at everyone's posts. You post incessantly about one thing and one thing only - the lack of union participation by ALPA members. News flash - we all pay dues. Just b/c most guys don't go above and beyond that is not the reason why our union doesn't seem to have teeth. What would you recommend UAL pilots do? Other than show up at the next LEC meeting, that is. What if they all did? What if we had 100% attendance at the last rally? Do you think that management would suddenly reinstate the pay rates of DAL and UAL pre 9/11? What would be your specific recommendation to UAL pilots, Rez? Other than show up at meetings, of course. What pay rates would you find acceptable for them? If we continue down this road, then all the "good dudes" who currently fly WILL NOT be flying for the airlines in the future and your prediction of Illegal immigrants flying will become fact. Why in the world would anyone want to enter into a profession that is on the downhill slide? Answer me that.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but there is no way any airline of any size is going to be allowed to strike under any administration (Dem or Rep). With recent rulings against unions ability to strike even when their contracts have been thrown out, I doubt management is very scared of that route. I don't think it's right but I think that's the way it's going to be.

Your correct in that the Gov't has gone out of it's way to destroy the Unions and the Working Man.

Let us not forget the New York Transportation Workers in 2005. They were willing to fight for what they believed in. Their head honcho, Roger Toussaint, was willing to spend some time in jail to make it happen. The end result - the workers got what they deserved/fought for.

You could NEVER expect ALPA to ever even CONSIDER a illegal job action. You can't expect a unix to "grow a pair."

Until the pilots of ALPA, APA etc. are willing to "walk away" from this so-called "career", the changes won't be for the better.

Latest resources

Back