• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

spouse does not understan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiousity what does your spouse do for a living? Perhaps this is the perverbial straw that broke the camels back... whatever else is going on and now the home life is not stable.. schedule wise Good luck to you!

Any way you cut it, it suck for the spouse at home to be there alone. I think it comforts my wife knowing that I don't like be away any more that she likes for me to be gone.

Let him know it sucks for you too, but it will get better.

Congrats on the upgrade.

Congrats on the left seat...tell him to clean up after himself. My wife is yelling that to me right now.

what do these wives think it is going to be like when they marry a pilot?????? Tell her to pick up a hobby to pass the time!!!

Come to an understanding.

FWIW, my wife knew this is what I wanted to do. Thinks really suck right now, but we look at this as an investment in our future. When I am home, I most certainly do house work. It has to be a team effort. A web cam can really help the relationship, too. And I don't mean for any of that funny stuff, either ;) . If you are sitting reserve on a weekend (and home is not the base), then non-rev is butt up there and get a room for the weekend. Hopefully you're in a nice city.

It's hard now, and you won't be on reserve indefinitely.

Hi Yaya -

Still confused a little over here - you said you're not doing "everything" when you get home, but you also said hub is trying - can I take it to mean then that your house isn't up to standards when you arrive home? Or is it more that he's complaining about you not having the time/inclination (whichever) to clean more often?

At some point free time is worth more than money. I have never had a maid, but I understand the reasons for one. Time is worth more than anything, and some people can spend it more productively than cleaning.

Usually a pilot doesn't fall into this category (because you normally can't work from home). But, I know a lot of pilots that have side businesses. They can be more productive working than cleaning. And, if you can afford to hire a maid, I would rather spend quality time with my wife than cleaning on my days off.

One thing I don't understand is WHY THE F*** does ANYONE need a maid?

Your hubby should clean up if he is home......if you are home and the house needs cleanup....you should clean it up.

Anyone that needs a maid is living in too big of a house.

I will never understand the maid thing. What a collossal waste of cash!!!!!!!!!! Why can't people clean up after themselves? I just don't get it.

FWIW, we have a cleaning service. I'm a pilot and my wife's an FA. We have 4 kids. The last thing we want to do on our precious off days is clean house. $75 every two weeks is a small price to pay!

So what, you were expecting a never-ending honeymoon? If you committed to the marriage you will have conflicts, issues, and distractions from the big picture. The big picture is you made a commitment and you are to stick to it, no infidelity, no drugs, and financial responsibility are your obligations to the foundation of that commitment. This only comes from an airline career guy who had been married to my first and only wife for 42 years.

Latest resources

Back