Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yaya

Drama Queen
Hellow ladies and gents. Pilot here,... I recently went thru training and now have a new position on the list which is very JUNIOR. Things at home are very messed up even though I thought we had "prepared" for the event. My list is changing rapidly and I will hold a hard line soon, but much damage has been done already. So any advice? What else can I do? We hired a maid person, once a month... No children. Spouse is invloved with the house and yard, etc more than most Getting some negativity from the whole thing. I don't need this!

What were you doing before this job?

We hired a maid person, once a month... No children. Spouse is invloved with the house and yard, etc more than most

So let me get this straight, you don't have kids, you're not home very much, and she STILL needs a maid!! Wow!

When you say "spouse is involved in house and yard more than most" does that mean she doesn't work very much and is home alot?!? On top of still needing a maid? Wow...

Just realized you might be Female and your spouse might be male :0

Other than the semantics however, the sentiments still apply.

If he/she is this needy now, it'll only get worse from here.

Just realized you might be Female and your spouse might be male :0

Other than the semantics however, the sentiments still apply.

If he/she is this needy now, it'll only get worse from here.

Correct. I am a female, and I only get the house deep cleaned once a month... I am not a maid, and I am not going to do "everything" when I get home from a trip. Takes me a whole day each week to catch up as it is.

I knew what I was getting into with this career, so its not like I didn't try to prepare everyone.

I made it clear when I was changing lists that I was going to be on reserve and what the environment would be like. Before this I was very senior holding 17-18 days off each month working day trips mostly with weekends off. Now I am going to be on reserve for a long time, middle of the week off, etc.

ps... wife does not = maid, regardless of what she does for a living.

Correct. I am a female, and I only get the house deep cleaned once a month... I am not a maid, and I am not going to do "everything" when I get home from a trip. Takes me a whole day each week to catch up as it is.

I knew what I was getting into with this career, so its not like I didn't try to prepare everyone.

I made it clear when I was changing lists that I was going to be on reserve and what the environment would be like. Before this I was very senior holding 17-18 days off each month working day trips mostly with weekends off. Now I am going to be on reserve for a long time, middle of the week off, etc.

ps... wife does not = maid, regardless of what she does for a living.

I don't understand 'changing lists'. Did you upgrade?

And your postscript...couldn't agree more. Andrew VT is right though. Should be a team effort. Good luck.

Hi!

All you can do is try (it's a great song to listen to by Nelly Furtado). If you try, and your spouse tries, it will work out.

If your spouse is NOT trying, and refuses to try, don't kill yourself. Do the best you can, and if it's not enough, kick your spouse to the curb when you've done all you can do.

Interestingly, when I got my flying job (only home 10 days/month) my CEO (wife) liked it a lot better. We decided that about 13-14 days off is enough. (I'm now at 11).

God Bless!
cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back