• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to buy AirTran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right. A 50% increase in pay and bennies would suck. Say, how's that new contract coming?

No news yet on our contract but thank you for the inquiry. On a side note, do you think if your company (I assume you work for SWA) decides to buy us would we have to go out and pay for the 737 type?

Your right. A 50% increase in pay and bennies would suck. Say, how's that new contract coming?

So smart guy. SW would buy AT and our biggest problem would be the huge pay raise? Get real. It would probably include selling off of the 717's and many guys on the street or who knows where. I would like your work rules but would rather not go through a merger to get them. Because many, including me probably would get screwed.

So smart guy. SW would buy AT and our biggest problem would be the huge pay raise? Get real. It would probably include selling off of the 717's and many guys on the street or who knows where. I would like your work rules but would rather not go through a merger to get them. Because many, including me probably would get screwed.

Thanks to congress, a total screw over by SWAPA will not be happening.

How did the guys at Morris Air do when SWA bought them? Any left on your seniority list?

There are every single one of them left that still wants to be here. See the SWA seniority list for 01 JAN 94 and your question will be answered. All that wanted to be here were kept. Stapled, but pay protected. Half of them are check-airmen now and doing quite well. Thanks for your concern on their behalf though....

Thanks to congress, a total screw over by SWAPA will not be happening.
I'm sure the SWA cultists think that the law doesn't apply to their almighty company.

Oh it applies I'm sure. Does it say we can't do a 1:5000 ratio integration?

Just yankin' your chain. (unless you're REALLY an Obama in which case I'm serious)
Gup

SWA has never put a pilot on the street.

Latest resources

Back