• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to buy AirTran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh it applies I'm sure. Does it say we can't do a 1:5000 ratio integration?

Just yankin' your chain. (unless you're REALLY an Obama in which case I'm serious)
Gup
Yep, I'm really an Obama supporter. More like an "anybody but the Hilldabeast supporter," but a supporter none the less.

You're alright, Guppy. I just wish you'd knock some sense into a bunch of the other SWA guys on here that talk seriously of staple-jobs and reinterviews.

One thing is for damn sure. No matter what happened you'd have half the pilots pissed off at you.

Let's do a test. Which would you rather have and which company do you fly for?

1. Staple

2. Relative seniority

3. 1:1 integration

4. 3:1 integration

5. DOH

6. Fill in the blank

Let the fun begin,
Gup

p.s. I've been here long enough I'll take my chances w/ DOH. ;)

Last edited:
I always favor DOH for any merger involving two mainline carriers, even though a ratio would be far more favorable to me in this case.

Staple all those f$%king Airtran losers to the bottom. No. Just joking. Seriously, I don't think I would care much. Swa is a good airline and a merged airline would be just as good. Especially with 2nd year FO's making 6 figures.

Your right. A 50% increase in pay and bennies would suck. Say, how's that new contract coming?

You forgot to say... "and being Jr, based in LAS or OAK, with the possibility of upgrade a decade away." I'd like to stay where I'm at, thank you very much. You obviously wouldn't want to be here. That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it.

The contract will be taken care of in the near future. Thanks for your concern! Hopefully folks from your airline and the others will show support for a group of pilots working hard to improve our pay and quality of life.

Last edited:
Guppy a few things you need to add to your list are career expectations, QOL and pay. But to be honest it isnt going to happen so why worry about it.

As for the dipchits that think swa is all that....remember it is a job and a business. You are expendable. There are people happy flying where they are at and have no desire to be part of our CULTure. There are plenty of aspects that go into ones reasoning for enjoying there current jobs. SWA believe or not may not offer that for them.

Last edited:
Let's do a test. Which would you rather have and which company do you fly for?

1. Staple

2. Relative seniority

3. 1:1 integration

4. 3:1 integration

5. DOH

6. Fill in the blank

Buy QX and then take your pick. :D

Latest resources

Back