• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to buy AirTran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree, why would SWA even need to merge with anyone? Other than grabbing some international stuff what do they need from anybody other than gate space to go any where they want? The only way I'd eat my words here would be along the thoughts of absorbing your competition by buying them out right to get rid of them.....

Where's Lowecure (sp?) he knows everything when it comes to finances! ;)

Let me through this out there...

How about SWA buys NWA and parks all the DC-9s? We wouldn't need them. Now we can go International and have access to other domestic markets. This wasn't very well thought out so let me have it.

Jim

No Airtran because we don't want their scabs.
Might want to take a look at your own seniority list, buddy. Quite a few of them over there.

No Airtran because we don't want their scabs...No NWA because they hate coming to work...

As a former Tannie and current SWA, I have to say something. Sure there are scabs there, but there are scabs at almost every airline.

I flew with some great individuals during my time there and still keep in touch with them. Sure I flew with a few oddballs but you know what, I have had a few here at SWA already. Never in my airline career have I ever wanted someone on a "No Fly" list until here at SWA, that should tell you something. That being said, just about everyone else is absolutely GREAT to fly with.

So lets not try to bash pilots at other airlines. This is a screwed up industry, you never know who will be in the cockpit with you in the future, left or right seat.

Adios

Bigeasy

As a former Tannie and current SWA, I have to say something. Sure there are scabs there, but there are scabs at almost every airline.

I flew with some great individuals during my time there and still keep in touch with them. Sure I flew with a few oddballs but you know what, I have had a few here at SWA already. Never in my airline career have I ever wanted someone on a "No Fly" list until here at SWA, that should tell you something. That being said, just about everyone else is absolutely GREAT to fly with.

So lets not try to bash pilots at other airlines. This is a screwed up industry, you never know who will be in the cockpit with you in the future, left or right seat.

Adios

Bigeasy

Well said my friend....Well said...we should follow your example...(perhaps one of the odd balls you mentioned retired recently)

(perhaps flyinguy is the exception of which you speak) sorry ...couldn't resist....

well...that flyinguy tool did post something ignorant....dang! there I go again...positive vibes!....positive vibes!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back