Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is such bull$hit. I never once witnessed this from an AirTran captain, even a scab. However, virtually every SWA pilot I've come across has mentioned in the first minute of conversation what his W2 was last year. Overcompensate much? :rolleyes:

This is such bull$hit. I never once witnessed this from an SWA pilot, even a real tool. There is absolutely NO WAY that virtually EVERY SWA pilot you have come in contact with has mentioned their last years W2 in the FIRST MINUTE OF CONVERSATION, or ever for that matter. Exaggerate much?

Ty, I'll buy your coffee and beer if I see you in a bar. I can only imagine your struggle. I'm not sure what you and your family will do on 150K a year. I also can't imagine going to a new airline as an FO taking a pay cut. It has never been documented in aviation and never happened to the bottom FOs at AirTran.

I've heard from other airlines that the worst part is 5 years of reserve, the 40K first year pay, the 12 days off, and having Captains tell you to kiss their ass because they fought for those "massive gains."

Good luck Ty. Next time someone offers you a seat, base, 50K raise, and a fence... Listen to some of those junior FOs. They might know something about the alternative. Remember you got your deal. 5 more years in the sun while those junior FOs got to eat ******************** for your 5 years. Sorry that we are excited to finally make some money.

I was going to refrain from calling anyone else a dbag, but I'm going to have to make an exception here. You obviously have issues that go beyond just not feeling springtime fresh.

Last edited:
This is such bull$hit. I never once witnessed this from an SWA pilot, even a real tool. There is absolutely NO WAY that virtually EVERY SWA pilot you have come in contact with has mentioned their last years W2 in the FIRST MINUTE OF CONVERSATION, or ever for that matter. Exaggerate much?

Maybe he runs into Jay R. a Dallas CA all the time.

No, the reality is PCL is just used to AirTran pilots never wanting to talk W2's, so when one SW guy does it really stands out.

No, the reality is PCL is just used to AirTran pilots never wanting to talk W2's, so when one SW guy does it really stands out.

Actually, a lot of our W2's are quite respectable and it's not polite to discuss them. I've never been ashamed of what I've made at FL. I have a picture of some of mine for the RSW'S that can't realize that we're taking a pay cut, just in case their pea brains don't comprehend that the all powerful WN wasn't the end all be all.

What do you say to someone that's going from 182/hr to whatever 14 year FO pay is over there? Try and look forward with your comments. If you need a slap on the back for what happened in the past I'll give you one. Thanks for buying us and seeing that we got a fair contract... That's old news now. Move forward. What do you say and how do you rationalize that its not a paycut for someone with that longevity. Real numbers...Not some what might happen BS. The day I show up for training, and for the foreseeable future, my family will be making substantially less than we are today.

RV

What were your rates Sept 2010? Just looking for factually data.

Or are you trying to take rates that you weren't being paid and then applying that to 'bringing home less'?

Last edited:
What were your rates Sept 2010? Just looking for factually data.

Or are you trying to take rates that you weren't being paid and then applying that to 'bringing home less'?

It's a pay cut. It doesn't matter what he made 3 years ago or 3 days ago. The day he crosses the partition he will bring home less $. That is what a pay cut is. It doesn't matter how or why we got a new contract 4 years ago. Sorry you can't look past 2010.

Latest resources

Back