Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
red, you just need to go f#ck yourself. Those rates were already turned down previously because they weren't sufficient. They were accepted after the merger announcement only because the NMB made clear that they weren't going to interfere with a merger transaction. If it wasn't for your airline's interference in our negotiations, we'd be making a lot more money, not less. Stop patting yourself on the back for the pay rates we got. We're not thrilled with them, so if you deserve anything, it's blame and not credit.

You're absolutely right bubba
My bad for taking the bait

Airtran pilots voted down a TA in 2007 that had captains making $186/hr ($205/trip) by 2012. Obviously the other aspects of the TA were unacceptable but to suggest SW was responsible for the current contract is wrong. It actually forced us to accept a subpar contract so we could focus on the integration. In fact, a vast majority of our current contract was TA'd prior to the announcement.

Yes, that's right, it's my fault. It couldn't possibly be that you and your company massively raped our pilot group and now choose to rub our faces in it while expecting us to be grateful. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's your fault that the SLI went the way it did. Trust me, there's lots of fault there. Nice deflection.

What I AM saying is that it's your fault that this same stupid argument gets churned up again on this board. None of us can change any of this, and eventually people on both sides calm down, realize that, and start to move forward. But since you can't have that, you have to spin people up again, sow discontent, and stoke the same fight all over again. A former AirTran guy posts that he likes it over here, so you have to respond with inane and made-up anecdotes of how Southwest FAs, and now captains, are all asses who look down on former AirTran people. I suppose that if the groups actually got along, that would tend to disprove your all-things-Southwest-suck missive you've been pushing this whole time.

Why is that, PCL? I mean you've made it clear that you're not even coming over to this side, so why do you care if the groups get along, or God-forbid even worse, a FAT guy actually likes it over here? Man, that really gets your goat, doesn't it? What are you going to do next year by this time?--you know, when AirTran is no longer, and you personally are no longer in the industry? Who will you bitch about then?

Enjoy it now, because your days of being a professional rabble rouser (and ass) are coming to an end! :(

Bubba

Bubba, to paraphrase Adlai Stevenson, if you stop telling lies about us, I'll stop telling the truth about you.

And the truth is the AAI captain rate wasn't 186/hr in Sept 2010, regardless of your struggle with management and the accompanying stiff arm.

And by far, the majority of the FAT guys I've come across do like it over here. But again, that doesn't fit into PCL's mantra. You know, the one that can't stand anything SW related. Might be best for all involved for him selling single-wides.

You still talking about what WAS??? The reality is the here and now and what's happening moving forward. You are nothing but a lot of hot air dude. You've become nothing more than a "I remember when" loser.

You want to put your money where your mouth is?

RV

You still talking about what WAS??? The reality is the here and now and what's happening moving forward. You are nothing but a lot of hot air dude. You've become nothing more than a "I remember when" loser.

You want to put your money where your mouth is?

RV

Dude, it's called the facts. I'm sorry if that bothers you. You want to spin it as AirTran was a top tier carrier with great wages (186), then go for it. I'm done talking about it. Your slant on the wages can't change the cold, hard facts.

Money where your mouth is? Talk to me goose.

So umm, about those beers at night:):)

Still be stepping all over myself to pick up the tab. We can heal what we can and get over what we can't given time and hopefully a good amount of growth

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back