Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the top 3-500 at AAI will NOT lose their seat...

Those are very broad numbers Jack. I think 150 would be the absolute maximum to not lose their seat, with 300 total in 2015. It would be nice to get them off the FO list - Atlanta will look like the AirTran Captain list, except they'll all be FOs.

I'm well outside any of the numbers that you mentioned, which is nice :D

Had a southwest crew buy my crews drinks in Buffalo because they got a better deals. Great group of guys and girls.

Damn Ty,
Tankerhead just old school pwned good ole Ty
I've heard so many stories of air tran cappy's being less than generous and less than cool flaunting their money to $$struggling FOs that I think there was a culture there that really doesn't want to hear captains bitch now.
Karma I guess

Had a southwest crew buy my crews drinks in Buffalo because they got a better deals. Great group of guys and girls.

I had that experience a good 4-5 times at various places in my early career before I flew here. I had to overtip an ABQ bartender to let me grab a SWA crew tab in an attempt to pay that back- it's fun to compete for the bill like that- just a cost of doing business
So, I love hearing that^^^
And I really don't want to lose that

Ty, I'll buy your coffee and beer if I see you in a bar. I can only imagine your struggle. I'm not sure what you and your family will do on 150K a year. I also can't imagine going to a new airline as an FO taking a pay cut. It has never been documented in aviation and never happened to the bottom FOs at AirTran.

I've heard from other airlines that the worst part is 5 years of reserve, the 40K first year pay, the 12 days off, and having Captains tell you to kiss their ass because they fought for those "massive gains."

Good luck Ty. Next time someone offers you a seat, base, 50K raise, and a fence... Listen to some of those junior FOs. They might know something about the alternative. Remember you got your deal. 5 more years in the sun while those junior FOs got to eat ******************** for your 5 years. Sorry that we are excited to finally make some money.

I've heard so many stories of air tran cappy's being less than generous and less than cool flaunting their money to $$struggling FOs that I think there was a culture there that really doesn't want to hear captains bitch now.
Karma I guess

This is such bull$hit. I never once witnessed this from an AirTran captain, even a scab. However, virtually every SWA pilot I've come across has mentioned in the first minute of conversation what his W2 was last year. Overcompensate much? :rolleyes:

Just telling you what I've heard from probably 6-7 different FOs there. Maybe you should fly more PCL

Latest resources

Back