• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest looking to contain costs - article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think I ever said inferior. AAI less of a company probably so not the pilots themselves.

Well then even worse, do you really think the quality of some airlines management team should be a factor when merging pilot lists? A pilot is a pilot, the perception that " I worked for Herb!" should somehow factor into integration seems pretty silly to me.
And yes you were pretty aggressive with your attacks, you can't take that back.

I don't want to. Yes the quality and career expectation are a factor. If not I guess Republic guys should have had rights to the Frontier Airbuses. They are pilots flying A-B. What difference does it make?

Well then even worse, do you really think the quality of some airlines management team should be a factor when merging pilot lists? A pilot is a pilot, the perception that " I worked for Herb!" should somehow factor into integration seems pretty silly to me.
And yes you were pretty aggressive with your attacks, you can't take that back.

So if we bought Virgin or Allegiant you'd fight to offer them relative seniority??

He just another idiot like GL. Just ignore morons like him. Yes I do mean that. No I don't care to be nice.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me proof of these hundreds of AirTran pilots who had apps in at SWA. I've never believed it, and I never will, until I see some evidence. Just more SWAPA propaganda.

Propaganda?

How on earth did we get so many ex air tran pilots over here if nobody applied?
There are > 100

Your airline was still considered a stepping stone at the time of purchase, while SWA was not any longer.

That doesn't support your argument for relative seniority, but you didn't have an equal job and aren't entitled to relative or DOH or anything as close as you got. It's that simple and the fact that you personally didn't want this to happen doesn't mean it was fair at all to the majority of SWA pilots who got literally nothing from this except diluted seniority from a younger group.
Not a signing bonus. Not a raise. Not anything tangible.

But hey, go on "never believing" the propaganda that we were forwarded from our people department. You simply know it's against privacy ethics if not laws to name each of the 400, so you use that to cast doubt.

Always playing the game that benefits you and your poison the well cause. Your pilot group knows the truth and so do you- hundreds, if not a thousand, were dissatisfied with air tran, and looking for better pastures specifically at SWA.

Run from that all you want - but as inconvenient for you to consider that so many were willing to sacrifice ALL their seniority to be SWA, it is still very true and you know it.

It's understandable if captains over there don't know- but the FO's at air tran know-

Propaganda?

How on earth did we get so many ex air tran pilots over here if nobody applied?
There are > 100

More claims, no proof. Propaganda. The few former AirTran pilots you do have there largely left early in the last decade, when AirTran had recently furloughed and struggled to avoid bankruptcy, also. But those facts are conveniently ignored by you.

Your airline was still considered a stepping stone at the time of purchase

Not by anyone here that I know. Sure, it probably was in your own mind, because you're so drunk on the kool aid that you think anything but SWA is sub par. :rolleyes:

doesn't mean it was fair at all to the majority of SWA pilots who got literally nothing from this

And here is the fundamental problem with your thinking on this issue, and has been from the very beginning. You believe you were entitled to "get" something. A merger is not an opportunity for you to "get." It's simply a time to fairly merge lists. The time to "get" is in Section 6, and other collective bargaining opportunities that come along on occasion. You were not entitled, nor did you deserve, to "get" anything out of this SLI.

But hey, go on "never believing" the propaganda that we were forwarded from our people department.

Prove it.

I am sure most of the AirTran apps on file had been submitted while people worked at their previous job or were furloughed from a former employer. I know myself and several others that were called while at AirTran (we declined the interview) and we had not updated our app in more than two years.

And that's exactly why they don't want to prove their numbers. Because they know that the light of day will show that incredibly few AirTran pilots were actively seeking employment at SWA. Probably far more SWA pilots actively seeking employment at Delta today.

Latest resources

Back