• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest looking to contain costs - article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know about "Something for nothing" Wave. SWA bought PCL's airline. SWA did it to enhance stockholder equity, period. They did it at the expense of the employees of both airlines, but even more so the AirTran folks. They don't owe SWA anything and certainly are justified to do anything they can to benefit themselves. SWA felt it was fine to screw up PCL's career, he should get anything he can out of them.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will all be fine, we all have a lot to learn from the FATs....where do I sign up for a 4 month paid vaca followed by a 40k pay raise?

You could be a stapled AirTran FO for starters? They are the ones who get a vacay AND the raise. Seriously, you should be off reserve by now. Isn't that great? I thought being a line holding Capt was awesome.

The day before class is when you start burning through all your remaining sick time. No sense in leaving anything on the table. ;)

Sadly, I've always had a problem with calling in sick when I'm not actually sick. Damned conscience. :)

Sadly, I've always had a problem with calling in sick when I'm not actually sick. Damned conscience. :)

Which speaks of your character.... but the reality is, SWA decided your career was inconsequential compared to their desire to increase stockholder equity, why would you owe them anything?

I don't know about "Something for nothing" Wave. SWA bought PCL's airline. SWA did it to enhance stockholder equity, period. They did it at the expense of the employees of both airlines, but even more so the AirTran folks. They don't owe SWA anything and certainly are justified to do anything they can to benefit themselves. SWA felt it was fine to screw up PCL's career, he should get anything he can out of them.
Agreed.

This just about sums up the mindset of the average American, pretty sad. Sorry Dan, but if you have kids I would hope as a person of a higher educated group you wouldn't condone this type of behavior. Go check out the movie "Idiocracy", I fear it's just where this country is headed. People everywhere go through life stealing, cheating and lying all the while justifying it on their current life situation. I truly feel sorry for my kids who have to live in a society like this, it's not their fault we brought them up honest.

Which speaks of your character.... but the reality is, SWA decided your career was inconsequential compared to their desire to increase stockholder equity, why would you owe them anything?

Oh, believe me, I certainly don't think I owe them anything. Quite the contrary. They've earned nothing but contempt from our employees. But someone else's immoral behavior shouldn't shape your own. Just because GK behaves immorally and unethically in how he dealt with us doesn't mean that it's right to return the favor. I would never go "above and beyond" for him, but lying or not doing my job would be wrong. As long as I choose to work for him, I'll do my job and be honest in how I do it. But waveflyer's silly idea that I should leave money on the table that is rightfully mine is asinine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back