• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something brewing at Luv?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
funny you mention this...i was talking to someone the other day...nobody important but the AS stuff came out and they were talking about a 5:1 ratio..next thing,what happens to Horizon...they are owned by the holding company right?

There's no way anything other than a straight DoH or ratio deal will put an ALK/LUV SLI together. Same equipment, same career expectations, same seniority demographics.

as for same career expectaions...not really....they haved 100+ on furlogh right? their hourly rate is a bit off from ours....how is that the same career expectaion?

The proper mathematical ratio should be 4.07 to one using APC numbers. Horizon and Alaska are separate companies owned by Alaska Air Group. Theoretically, either company could be sold outright leaving the other as a stand-alone entity.

as for same career expectaions...not really....they haved 100+ on furlogh right? their hourly rate is a bit off from ours....how is that the same career expectaion?

Please. Career expectations refer to the equipment you expect to fly at the pinnacle of your career. Pay rates are fluid contract to contract so that certainly doesn't factor in.

Both companies are profitable, so that's a wash.

At this point in time, a pilot at either airline could reasonably expect to end up in the left seat of a 737 flying for a profitable airline. That's as far as Allegheny/Mohawk is going to look.

Last edited:
Although not disagreeing with you; I just can't see much hapening with a legacy codeshare. The new CBA prevents any kind of domestic codeshare, any codeshare with regional aircraft (except intra Hawaii and intra Caribbean), and any far international codeshare. The only codeshare allowed is Trans-border (Canada,Mexico, and Caribbean) and cannot exceed more than 4% ASM flown by SWA. The Trans-border segment also has to be from a SWA city in the continental US. I just don't see why a legacy would want to get mixed up with so many restrictions, but never say never...

Just leaving it open ended. It was a joke that WN buys AS and then codes with DAL. Totally TIC

Fubar,

I do not think a staple is appropriate in the case we are talking about.

However I have to call you out on what career expectations mean. If a pilot at brand X may end up on a 747, while a SWA pilot may end up on a 737 does that mean he has a better career expectation? What if the 737 pilot makes 80K more than the 747 pilot. Equipment type makes very little difference in this case, we work for pay. While I realize at most airlines bigger equipment is more pay I think career expectations are a much more complicated thing to define than equipment type. People used this argument to say that if we bought Sun Country those pilots have the same career expectation as SWA pilots because we fly the same equipment. I don't mean to be argumentative, but I see this "logic" on this board a lot and want to point out the problem with it.

Alaska is a much different deal, they really do have a much more comparable career to SWA pilots and I doubt anyone seriously thinks a staple would be appropriate. Not that it really matters, I think this rumor is BS.

funny you mention this...i was talking to someone the other day...nobody important but the AS stuff came out and they were talking about a 5:1 ratio..next thing,what happens to Horizon...they are owned by the holding company right?

RAH will buy them.:smash:

Please. Career expectations refer to the equipment you expect to fly at the pinnacle of your career. Pay rates are fluid contract to contract so that certainly doesn't factor in.

Both companies are profitable, so that's a wash.

At this point in time, a pilot at either airline could reasonably expect to end up in the left seat of a 737 flying for a profitable airline. That's as far as Allegheny/Mohawk is going to look.

my expectations for my career is to work for an airline that does not code-share my routes to another airline....guess SWA wins again (for now)...I agree that there should be no staple in this instance but SWA people should have a higher ratio of people below us if we are the purchaser.....

Latest resources

Back