• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something brewing at Luv?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay can change overnight. Just look at the UAL pay in 2000.

Career expectations at SW are less at SW than at most airlines. 15-20 years to upgrade according to the computer.

SW may have to give super seniority to FO's at any airline they acquire to account for upgrade expectations.

What do you think? Someone is going to buy AS. If DAL has not already done it, AMR and WN will be fighting for it.

Also maybe WN will code with a Legacy shortly. Lots is going to happen, the first domino has fallen.

I feel sorry the pilots for whatever the legacy is who code share with WN. If it's domestic code share that legacy will be doing less, and if it's international it may grow that side, but require less of the legacies own feed. The only pilots I see benefiting by this are WN.

I feel sorry the pilots for whatever the legacy is who code share with WN. If it's domestic code share that legacy will be doing less, and if it's international it may grow that side, but require less of the legacies own feed. The only pilots I see benefiting by this are WN.

I don't think you'd see an airline with first class codesharing with SWA. Even the contract regionals are trending toward first class sections.

Last edited:
Alaska is a much different deal, they really do have a much more comparable career to SWA pilots and I doubt anyone seriously thinks a staple would be appropriate. Not that it really matters, I think this rumor is BS.

I agree with you on all counts. You make my point very eloquently. Both SWA and ALK are profitable airlines. Equipment matches. Seniority demographics are comparable.

Using a minor difference in pay rates and/or that one carrier has furloughed pilots as examples of enhanced "career expectations" is nothing more than a red herring.

I appreciate Company loyalty, but to automatically assume that EVERYONE aspires to work for your airline is illogical.

BTW, we've been hearing AA/SWA/DAL rumors for 20 years. Hasn't happened yet. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I agree that there should be no staple in this instance but SWA people should have a higher ratio of people below us if we are the purchaser.....

Why is that? So you can grab seniority you haven't earned? Who says it will be a purchase and not a merger? Do you deserve unearned seniority in a straight merger?

Or does the simple fact that name of the merged airline alone entitles you to some sort of improved bidding position?

Straight DoH would fix that.

Last edited:

Career expectations at SW are less at SW than at most airlines. 15-20 years to upgrade according to the computer.

SW may have to give super seniority to FO's at any airline they acquire to account for upgrade expectations.[/QUOTEat SWA]

Its a fifteen year upgrade with 3 year fo's pulling down 140,000 a year.
I guess you are correct it sucks beeing an fo at SWA looking at a twenty year upgrade...whatever will I do.

SW may have to give super seniority to FO's at any airline they acquire to account for upgrade expectations.[/QUOTEat SWA]

Its a fifteen year upgrade with 3 year fo's pulling down 140,000 a year.
I guess you are correct it sucks beeing an fo at SWA looking at a twenty year upgrade...whatever will I do.

You are naive to think SWA can't become one of the worst airlines to work for in a few years.

Latest resources

Back