Some NWA facts for the General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gul Lee,

I am wondering how you are able to pull this whole flightinfo.com Little Corporal thing off? I have been on this sight for a couple years and have managed less that fifty posts. On top of that I am currently in initial training and interested in what the merger news and happenings are so I manage to check in and at least read the wire once to every other day. UNless you have been in initial /upgrade or whatever for the last two months how the hell do you do it?..

Dude...

Don't you ever work?

Ok, I will admitt that you do add to the the forum, its just that I can't fathom why the hell anyone would give that much time to this. (10,000..come on, really...why?)

Now if we could get rid of the hat during this whole mess, I think it might be worth it. That would be awesome!! :)

On a side note, does it really matter what you bring to the table if Delta is the one doing the buying?

Whatever happens with DAL/CAL/NWA/UAL, etc., everyone should get one thing straight. It ain't happening in BK this time. There's no buyer and no buyee. There will be a bunch of hocus-pocus BS stock manipulations and standard corporate criminal activity. Bank accounts will be filled, one group of managers will retire rich, and the employees will ALL lose.

Anyone (General) who bunches his panties up thinking he's buying himself a new toy to do with as he pleases is delusional.

PIPE

Gul Lee,

I am wondering how you are able to pull this whole flightinfo.com Little Corporal thing off? I have been on this sight for a couple years and have managed less that fifty posts. On top of that I am currently in initial training and interested in what the merger news and happenings are so I manage to check in and at least read the wire once to every other day. UNless you have been in initial /upgrade or whatever for the last two months how the hell do you do it?..

Dude...

Don't you ever work?

Ok, I will admitt that you do add to the the forum, its just that I can't fathom why the hell anyone would give that much time to this. (10,000..come on, really...why?)

Why is this even relevant? Who cares whether GL has reached a certain milestone. If GL views this as a hobby then so be it. Some people get off on baseball statistics... Who really cares? Being able to contribute to the discussion/debate is what really matters - right? Let's get back to the main topic at hand...

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, other than the voyeuristic factor. That said...

I think that a MERGER between DAL and NWA would be a good thing. While on paper you might have one airline "buying" the other I actually consider it a merger of equals, and a possibly good one at that (if there is such a thing).

Both carriers' pilot groups have similar seniority and fleet sizes (except the 747 and -9, which I am sure would come with some sort of fences). Both airlines and pilot groups bring a lot of pluses to the table.

IF DAL and NWA merge, I think it reasonable to conclude that our two MECs can see the fiasco at AAA/AWA and avoid going to arbitration. I think that we could be a formidable outfit with a large pilot group that gets along and values each other's qualifications and skills.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, other than the voyeuristic factor. That said...

I think that a MERGER between DAL and NWA would be a good thing. While on paper you might have one airline "buying" the other I actually consider it a merger of equals, and a possibly good one at that (if there is such a thing).

Both carriers' pilot groups have similar seniority and fleet sizes (except the 747 and -9, which I am sure would come with some sort of fences). Both airlines and pilot groups bring a lot of pluses to the table.

IF DAL and NWA merge, I think it reasonable to conclude that our two MECs can see the fiasco at AAA/AWA and avoid going to arbitration. I think that we could be a formidable outfit with a large pilot group that gets along and values each other's qualifications and skills.

Finally a post with some rational thought....

Why would I be nervous? I have the seniority to do well with any merger. I like what I do, and there is no certainty that any merger will occur, especially with Oberstar objecting. If one does, I will do fine. If one doesn't, I will also do fine, probably upgrading a bit quicker. Hey, I like my INTL flying gig right now. It gives me plenty of time for Flightinfo.com.

You sound very unhappy. That is sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Time for a reality check...

Um, you have the seniority? How long before you upgrade, General? Don'cha think this little merger might affect that upgrade time just a little? And stop saying it's YOUR 777. It's your captain's. You won't be a 777 captain for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Why is this even relevant? Who cares whether GL has reached a certain milestone. If GL views this as a hobby then so be it. Some people get off on baseball statistics... Who really cares? Being able to contribute to the discussion/debate is what really matters - right? Let's get back to the main topic at hand...

And as always, General Lee's boyfriend rushes to his defense. Unless he's really a third alter EGO of the General. Which is very likely.

Really? Can you name other cities United mainline goes to that Delta does not? Here they are: BWI, ORD, HKG, LHR, MEX, EWR, PHL, SAL, NRT, and IAD. Wow, mainline goes to 10 total cities more than DL, even though DL mainline flies to CHM, FLL, BDL, JAX, TPA, GDL, PVR, LIB, MGA, and RDU nonstop from LAX too, and UAL doesn't. Oh well, it is fun to speculate, but all in all it probably won't happen anyway. Air France and others may be trying to bank roll DL into buying NWA it seems.

Bye Bye--General Lee

LAX-RDU, CMH, JAX are toast and BDL follows in the spring. United has a much bigger operation at LAX with an effective north-south operation like we have on the east coast. Not just a ridiculous 1 or 2 RJs a day between the biggest cities. Go to BUR, SNA, SAN, SFO, PDX, SEA, SMF and you'll see United there in force.

With United you get LAX, SFO, a great western route structure, Asia, ORD, DIA, and a fleet of 50 or more 777s, some 747s, and a relatively new domestic fleet that matches ours with the exeption of the 320s.

With NWA you get DTW and Asia and a combined fleet that needs some serious work. I hope neither happen and we don't have a choice either way. It seems like we've had a bloodless coup by NWA, our Skyteam partners and the financiers, and the employees will pay the price for it.

Time for a reality check...

Um, you have the seniority? How long before you upgrade, General? Don'cha think this little merger might affect that upgrade time just a little? And stop saying it's YOUR 777. It's your captain's. You won't be a 777 captain for a long, long time.

How do you know that? You may be right about the 777, but I can hold Captain now, and I am almost done with my 9 month hold (switching from DOM to INTL on the 767 does that). Are you saying we won't have any more bids this Spring? Will a merger be done by then? Are you sure? When are you getting kicked off of your AT7?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back